D&D game in Rome

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case, I am going to have you come from the Island city of Atlantis. Atlantis is a 3 ring island with each ring about a half mile between each other located in the westermost part of the Medaterainian Sea. There are great bridges that span the gaps. Legend has it that the gods raised Atlantis to give wisdom to the people of the world. At the center of the central island of Atlantis is a great tower spanning several hundred feet upwards. The island is known for magic, it is believed to be the birthplace of magic. There are 2-3 sory homes with functional plumbing, everburning torches, candles etc are common. people use hovering discs instead of carts. Atlantis is a very special place as many of the magical items that work there, do not function anywhere else or function to a much lesser degree.

You have been assigned to oberserve/study the Roman people and culture. For the most part you are looked down apon by others because you are clearly not of Rome. You suspect that many of the Senators and other local gov't officials have been looking for a way to pawn you off on someone else. You have a great suspision that this invitation is their plan coming to fruition.

You got space for a fighter/sorcerer?

Basic concept - dude who started out as a soldier/legionnaire and then found out he's got 'the talent' and spent the last couple of years working on battle magics for use in support of his old friends in the legions.

Leech, Your characters cloths will all have a black stripe marking you as a member of the Magi class. This is common practice. For instance, Senators all wear a purple stripe.

The magi are a class outside of normal law. Because of this they are mistrusted by many in authority and there is even an occasional physical confrontation between the two. The common citizens are wary but respectful.

What armours and weapons are you using to correspond to the real ones? I'm assuming a Gladius is a masterwork bastard sword, but what of the pilum and traditional armour etc?

I think a Gladius would be a short sword, wouldn't it?

A Spatha would be a longsword or bastard sword, if I recall correctly. ^_^

Right? :huh:

What armours and weapons are you using to correspond to the real ones? I'm assuming a Gladius is a masterwork bastard sword, but what of the pilum and traditional armour etc?

I think a Gladius would be a short sword, wouldn't it?

A Spatha would be a longsword or bastard sword, if I recall correctly. ^_^

Right? :huh:

Gladius would indeed be the short sword.

Man I found this too late.

[email protected] - You said 4 and by my count you have 4. However, If you would think to add a 5th, or perhaps just a "reservist" incase of fatality, would consider me and my elven priest of Osiris?

I would like to be considered. If you agree, I can have stats at your e-mail box by Friday

I can never say no to people and 5 is hardly any different than four, so consider yourself in.

We should start on the 21st or 22nd.

FYI, I am basing this adventure off of a book I read recently, Pompeii by Robert Harris. If you have read it, you will have a good idea what is going on, but I have changed many of the major plot hooks so there should still be several surprises. If you have not read the book and like Suspensful mystery books, than this is a must read. You may want to wait until we are in full swing with the adventure though to avoid spoilers.