So what all are the rules...

NymMoondown

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each CAV has two addiitonal 'slots' which can be used to hold expansion pods. At present, there's only the ECCM pod and the CL pod, but I am hopeful others will come out as this could allow for a lot of customisation.

As each CAV has 2 slots and there's only two pods, you can add one of each. The points are, like everything else in CAV, dependant on the number of Damage Tracks a CAV has so you'll have to get the JoR and rulebook to find those out.

Some CAV's actually come with the pods, and in the case of a CL pod that's understandable... but why'd anyone want a ECCM... my Werewolves will blow it away before it gets that close. But hey, that's just me :o)

I assume you know what the pods do Nym..

Correct.  If the unit with a Chain Lock gets target lock, all units in his section can use the chainlocking model's TL bonus against that target, but only for indirect fire.

ECCM is used to make YOUR TL more easily gotten.  It does not effect the opponent's ECM, at least not in game mechanics.

The reason for my own apathy towards the ECCM pod is the short range....

CL pods and TL in general has no range, although you are limited by your weapons' ranges. However, the ECCM pod only effects Tl attempts at targets within a 9" radius of the unit with the ECCM pod.

And getting that close is a little difficult in some cases :o)

I like the Ogre, it's a big scary thing on the battlefield, useful for forcing your opponent's hand.

If you're comparing the Ogre to the Rhino, well, of COURSE the Rhino's going win more often.  They're both superheavy superiority CAVs, but the Ogre's a good 100 points less than the Rhino.

Defensively the Ogre is a Super, with all the goodies that moniker implies (scaryily hard armour, low speed).

However, offensively, I'd rather go with a Dictator, Duelist or anything else that's got a +6 gun. So the Ogre has one more, and statistically it should be doing as much damage to the enemy as the Rhino in one activation.

Unfortunately, my Ogres have consistently have performed worse than my Kahns when it comes to putting damage on something!!! I'm thinking of relegating the #### things to 'bastion' duty and using them for other CAV's to hide behind :o(

For such an impressive model, and an awesome concept, that's a pitiful dishonour. I'm even considering either having consistent weapon swaps on them (always upgrade one Herker to a Maxim) or even creating the Herker 38.... just so I can field the Ogre again :o(

Well truly when you are just playing games with a young kid, who is seeing games for the first time... and seeing them through their eyes... they love them or hate them for different reasons. The Oger I used it, in my force.. and it killed his Rhino... bad, bad mistake, since that is the reason why he now does not like an Oger. He does not like a Starhawk since my Hawks performed unusually well...

He is still trying to wrap himself around the idea that there is no absolute king of the battlefield... but his tactics are very solid... I mean that hard flank on my left was impressive. I have rarely seen that with people twice his age, or three times his age!

And yes you are talking to the person who last week was playing BFG with hubby, and I needed to roll oh 16 D6s, and I rolled fourteen 1s... we were impressed, we have not seen that many once in years.

Nadin