So what all are the rules...

NymMoondown

The chainlocking unit needs a chainlock pod, but not the units recieving the chain lock, they just need to be in the same section.

Nym, your Specter can be accompanied by 3 stands of infantry and yes, when the Specter chains in the mortars it casn fire it's own IF weapons....

The Panther and Kahn can't fire AND Chainlock for the section because they have no IF weapons (chainlocking is considered a IF attack). However, the Specter, Talon, Raptor and any model with an IFM and a chainlock can fire the IF missiles.... and let's not forget the MAstodon :o)

Wolf, do not worry, I have no lost faith in the GReat Ogre... just his First Son. I shall attempt to restore my faith when I beat the snot out of, oops that should be introduce, Ulyss to CAV :o)

Two Ogres in a single Section with a couple of Gladiators.... talk about pain :o)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like that'll leave a mark, or 8 Frank!!!  :D

Pain is just a natural learn tool.

If it hurts too much, then don't do that.  :p

Play nice guys and don't leave any perminant scars this time.

BTW Frank, I can understand being a bit disheartened by some of the weapon stats.  That just means we have to play smarter with the First Son of the Almight Ogre.

Yeah, play smarter helps but when it does less damage in 3 turns than a anklebiter does in a single turn then that takes the piss.

frank, I believe that's known as "Rolling Like The Frog."  ask KaiMaster what that means if you don't know already.

My advice is to try again, but use D10s this time, not D8s. :D

how about regular infantry compared to mortars. it seems, judging by the models, that mortars are crew served. infantry on the other hand all have thier own weapons. this leads me to supose that regular infantry have more tracks as they need less people to do damage.

example:

a pack of infantry comes with 12 models, four to a stand. mortors come with 12 models, four to a stand. now to me, it seems that mortars would need a little more TLC than some big machine guns. which leads me to believe that 12 models with machine guns could have a little more staying power than 12 models with big tubes.

Nym, 4 infantrymen serving 2 mortars is just as effective as 4 men serving two machine guns. There's no problem there....

And Frosch, I am deifnately 'rolling like a frog' at the moment. Guess I'll have to rethink my force choices for facing Russ, try to maximise my modifiers cos I know my dice rolls will be low :o(