Faction Discussion: Necropolis

Why is there both the Necropolis faction and the Overlord faction? Most, if not all, the models in the Necropolis faction would work just as well in the Overlord faction. At least the Overlord faction is something new, not just another gothic, Transylvanian-style, undead faction with vampire leaders. Any chance the Necropolis faction will be absorbed by the Overlords faction, or is this just wishful thinking?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind you this is just a scrub's guess. The official Reaper-Peeps know best.

But I am guessing that the reason for two similar factions is more to do with the world of Adon gaming universe that Reaper is trying to create than with just the Warlord environment (which is only a small part of Adon). The factions are similar, but seem to have two different agendas according to their backstories in the Warlord and DHA books.

Why is there both the Necropolis faction and the Overlord faction? Most, if not all, the models in the Necropolis faction would work just as well in the Overlord faction.

Because the Necropolis fulfill the Undead portion of the Warlord world, while the Overlords are the decently armoured bad guy slave traders.

In your own home-games, if you want the Necropolis and Overlords as one faction; go ahead. It's your game.

... not just another gothic, Transylvanian-style, undead faction with vampire leaders.

An eskimo-style undead would be cool, but I don't think you could see the fangs through the fur. It certainly would be a sculpting challenge though.

Why do some people always want monolithic evil? There should be lots of similar evil factions. The fact that there are Overlord(s) should lead to factions within that faction as well. I like the Necropolis and I would also like another similar list of undead that shares some of the undead models and traits but is different....you know what would be cool? A bunch of undead led by an undead sea captain! That would rock!

I've been a fan of Greyhawk for 25+ years and I love the Overlords as they remind me a bit of the Horned Society. There should be factions within factions and the flavor in Warlord indicates that there are.

BAH!!!!!

As much as we would love to be mixed in with the Overlords (to suck the life from their fleshy bodies and prove our dominance) we are no where near as pink and mortal as those tasty bond slaves.

Vampires and the undead don't typically work well with the living. Because what happens is.....the living end up becoming more of the undead. We could always use more skeleton warriors to do our bidding though, so feel free to ADD THE OVERLORDS to the NECROPOLIS and not the other way around.

Overlords are weak. They will crumble and fold........in time.

not just another gothic, Transylvanian-style, undead faction with vampire leaders

There are plenty of us for whom this is our first ever miniature game. To us, they are not "just another undead faction", but our very first experience getting to play vampires & skeletons! :bday:

There should be factions within factions and the flavor in Warlord indicates that there are.

Even better, Reaper has said that the army faction books coming out will introduce the concept of "sub-armies".

I'm assuming then you could possibly have an all vampire army (all necropolis models) and get Vampire special abilities. ^_^

I THINK I saw somewhere that Zombies for WL are on the way.

Zombies ARE on their way - April.

Also, Check your FLGS's for MOANDAIN in a few days - we'll be shipping him off to stores by the end of the week and I think yall will be in for a pleasant surprise when you see his data card. . . :devil: