Faction Discussion: Necropolis

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the Overlords are NOT an undead force. Ashkrypt became a lich from a lust for power, and rewarded Iks with immortality for his loyalty. None of the other overlords are (or perhaps even want to be, it's hard to tell from the text in the rulebook) undead.

For some reason I thought the Overlords faction had a bunch of necromancers and undead alongside the slavers and anti-paladins. I didn't realize that Ashkrypt and Iks were the only undead (so far) in the Overlords faction.

BTW, Willybob, isn't there a Necromancer in the Necropolis faction? Some of the living do work well with the undead (or at least tolerate each other), and vice versa :poke:

BTW, Willybob, isn't there a Necromancer in the Necropolis faction? Some of the living do work well with the undead (or at least tolerate each other), and vice versa  :poke:

Actually, there's three types of non-undead ( :blink: ) in the Necropolis.

They work together like cats enjoy working together.

There are a few living undead...but I would like to think of them as "living impaired" being that whatever is flowing through their veins and sustaining their life is not what the townsfolk would call "natural." So maybe they have cursed evil blood that makes their skin grow cold and their flesh turn green. That's just my preference and the way I invision them for myself though. It's pretty much up to whoever is playing them. But I like to think of all of them as "Undead" and some just retain their flesh a little better than others ::D:

Actually, I am very surprised that the Overlord fraction can even exist in this imaginary land. It is constantly fighting with each other and still becomes a major power in this land. Even if this is someone's creation, the story is being stretched too far to make any sense. If, in the future, Reaper decides to axe a fraction, Overlord is no doubt the first one to go.

I can think of LOTS of historical examples of governments and empires that were rife with in-fighting and factionalism. Many of those entities are still around today....Some after a thousand years of self-flagellism.....

I think the Overlords will be with us for quite a while......

Historically some of the strongest nations had the most viscious infighting. While it is true that it can tax some resources you're always going to have troops with extended combat experience around for when it's your nation vs everyone else.

And I like the Necropolis; nothing's more fun than staring over the table at your opponent before the game even starts and yelling, "It's over man! Your army's dead!"

Or maybe that's just me.

Historically some of the strongest nations had the most viscious infighting. While it is true that it can tax some resources you're always going to have troops with extended combat experience around for when it's your nation vs everyone else.

And I like the Necropolis; nothing's more fun than staring over the table at your opponent before the game even starts and yelling, "It's over man! Your army's dead!"

Or maybe that's just me.

I find it very satisfying to still be placing models on the table, long after your opponant has set up while they give you that "Just how many skeletons do you have?" look.

Actually, I am very surprised that the Overlord fraction can even exist in this imaginary land. It is constantly fighting with each other and still becomes a major power in this land. Even if this is someone's creation, the story is being stretched too far to make any sense. If, in the future, Reaper decides to axe a fraction, Overlord is no doubt the first one to go.

Not at all, it's perfectly lausible. For example, have you ever seen the Godfather? Infighting tempered by intermingled business interests? It's all about balancing acts. It's a matter of making sure your vendettas don't weaken you unneccessarily and divert you from your stated goals. It's all about balance.

Plus, there are other reasons. All will be made known in the fullness of time.

And we do need a Necropolis faction, otherwise the die-hard undead players would have no toys to play with. The Overlords are not an undead faction, they're slavelords. Dead slaves don't sell well.

And if there's a faction to go, it'll be the Crusaders. Remember, "Evil will always win, because good id dumb." :devil: