deep dark secrets

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love japanese games shows, and when you overdub them with puerile banter chock full of fart jokes it's just that much better :)

Yup, it's like Mystery Science Theater's potty-mouthed little brother.

Oh and I forgot to mention CSI: Miami as a guiltiy pleasure. Emily Proctor :wub:

At first I looked at the shows people were mentioning and thought that although some of them aren't very good, they're not really worth feeling guilty about watching them.

Then people started mentioning things like MXC and Dog the Bounty Hunter and I changed my mind.

::P:

I think my guiltiest pleasure would be watching wuxia shows on the International Channel. I can't even understand the dialogue!!

Well, hm. Let's see.

Farscape, Babylon 5, Stargate, new Galactica, CSI

Junkyard Wars! The original Brit version, not the American imitator

Doctor Who!

Red Dwarf!

Highlander, Forever Knight, Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf, Galactica Classic (LOVE the theme music)...

Early Edition, Nowhere Man, VR-5, Strange Luck...

IRON CHEF!

Lovejoy!

Wiseguy!

Yes, Iron Chef and Iron Chef America are great fun. Especially when they start making some sort of seafood ice cream! :blink:

I also like Good Eats, Unwrapped, and The Secret Life of... Excellent food shows where you actually learn something about the food you eat.

And Mythbusters. Love that show. They have proven that bullets made out of ice do NOT work (I would have loved that little tidbit to shove down an ex-GM's/player's throat). I also learned you can raise a boat from the ocean floor using ping pong balls, and it would take over 2500 balloons to lift a small, 40 pound child. Mythbusters is a GM or Rules Lawyer dream show.

One more thing to add to the list: If it's a show about Egypt or ancient history in general, you can be pretty well assured I'm going to watch it. SD gets tired, though, of watching shows about mummies and such. :lol:

I also like Monster House and Overhauling. Never thought of myself as much of a car person, but watching them rebuild a hunk of junk and turning it into a thing of beauty astounds me. I also enjoy watching Foose figure out paint schemes, work his airbrush, and watching them paint pinstriping and getting ideas on how they come up with certain ways of applying the paint (they used lace on one show).

American re-releases of British TV shows are usually quite horrible, with the exception of Trading Spaces/ CHanging Rooms

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Scrapheap Challange (Brit) / Junkyard Wars (Yank)

Steptoe and Son (Brit) / Sanford and Son (Yank)

All in the Family / Till Death do us Part (I think all in the family was better)

Coupling (which didn't last long in the US I guess)

Men Behaving Badly

There was talk of a US release of Red Dwarf, which fortunately went nowhere

and now The Office.

Max Headroom (which was quote good)

Wife Swap (Brit) / Trading Spouses (Yank)

Spitting Image (Brit) / D.C. Follies (Yank) (Political puppets)

Pop Idol (Brit) / American Idol (yank)

One more thing to add to the list: If it's a show about Egypt or ancient history in general, you can be pretty well assured I'm going to watch it. SD gets tired, though, of watching shows about mummies and such. :lol:

I'm that way with Rome. :) I watched a show on Roman "Law and Order" last night on the History Channel.

Deep Sea Detectives is pretty neat too.

Bring sick at home for the last 2 days, Spike is running a CSI marathon and I am totally hooked.

Yes, Iron Chef and Iron Chef America are great fun. Especially when they start making some sort of seafood ice cream! :blink:

I also like Good Eats, Unwrapped, and The Secret Life of... Excellent food shows where you actually learn something about the food you eat.

The food network is great. I'll watch about anything on it. I'll put it on for background noise like some do MTV.

I read numerous comments about it at tlc.com. It's true. They aren't commenting exactly why she is leaving or any she's leaving mid-season. They're even already showing her as "gone" in the bio section. *shrug*

I've heard various rumors from she wants to start a family (which is hard when she and her hubby are on the road all the time) to that she did a striptease at some party and the TLC execs felt it hurt the show's "wholesome" image.

With the losses of Vern and Genevieve, and showing less of of people like Frank and Christi, and showing more and more of such "artistic" <_< designers like Hildi, Doug, Laura (the blonde idiot, not "Buttercream" Laurie), and Barry (ugh), plus that they seem to focus more on the upper-middle class homes (where some of those rooms don't look like they need a makeover) I feel the show is going downhill very quickly. I've watched the show since Season 1, and my husband even proposed to me in front of Paige (she was in town for a book signing and we went). I've stopped watching it this past year as it's gotten pretty darn lame. No more Ty. No more Vern. No more Gen. Very little Ed, Frank, Kia, and Christi. I'd rather watch Ty's new show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.