Brushes

cmv

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used expensive brushes and I've used cheap brushes and I've found them to get thrashed in about the same time. So I use Armory brushes, which are fairly cheap. The only brushes I can't stand are Citadel brushes, which seem to be frayed about before they come out of the package.

Windsor & Newton series 7's are indeed wonderful, in fact they were my first miniature brush.  But then poverty kicked in and I went to the store and bought the first in a long line of W&N Regency Gold 700 series brushes.

While not 7's they are pretty bleep good and I haven't found a more reliable brush in the 4 years since.

Haven't tried the vallejo's, but maybe I'll check them out.

Dan Paddock

For those of you with less disposable income (college students, graphic designers, professional painters), remember that your birthday will come up, and if people ask what they can get you, tell them a gift certificate to your favorite art-store place. Then you can pick up paints, brushes, spray primers, and every other little thing you want. And don't worry if they don't understand, just let them know they've made you happy.

--I've done it for years, and my family thinks I'm strange, at least I'm not like them.

--lstormhammer

I saw and handled some brushes at the craft store with larger handles, didn't catch the brand name, too busy dreaming of painting.

Most likely (if you were at a Chain store) you saw these lovely Loew-Cornell 'Comfort' line. They taper out to a half-inch wide.

Just the thing for us ham-fisted prop monkeys...

--lstormhammer

PS: If I'm wrong, tell me this new brand, I'm always looking for brushes to fit my hands.

I agree about the larger brushes, I sometimes think that most brushes were made for gnomes or something as they are so tiny.  If anyone finds out the brand name of these brushes or where I can find them, I would greatly appreciate that information. :O