Sign in to follow this  
Stern Kestrelmann

Imperial Noble (WIP)

More Freebooter fun. This model is uber sweet! So much detail! I assembled him last night. Then primered, flesh, and face this afternoon. So far so good. I'm going to steal the color scheme from the Freebooter gallery's model, dark blue.

So, I'll be trying out the RMS "Twilight Blue" (9020) for the first time once I start working on his clothing.

I'll attach his right arm (that is holding the sword's scabbard) post-paint. He's also wearing a large floppy hat with a feather in it, that I will paint separately and add post-paint as well...

Enjoy.

SK

post-4-1111271803.jpg

Thanks boys! I was really pleased with the eyes too!

Tommy- I used black instead of brown on his eye sockets, then filled with white, touched up and added the pupils low in the white part of eye to give him that "I'm better than you" look...

I initially gave him some bright red lipstick, but toned it down in the end...

SK

HE reminds me of one of those people who have those uber-ultra-mega crysatline looking blue eyes. Very cool. A nice model too! I've not seen this one before. How much do these cost to cross the pond btw Stern? I've been oogling that flying Pirate ship for some time now...

I also wanted to grab some Heresy Minis, but the Pound does just that to the Canadian conversion. :blink:

Stern~~ I notice that you usually use a black primer on your figures. Forgive me if you've stated this somewhere before, but is this a brush-on or spray? And what brand? I had a friend who prime a couple of my figs with black (I don't have any myself yet) and it seemed like it rubbed off instantly in spots by a single touch.

You also seem to get really good results with the black prime; there's no sacrifice of detail or color intensity. Do you find you need to coat many more times to achieve the look you want? I'm also concerned about figures being too "dark" to attempt this yet... ::(:

Thanks.

He definately has that aloof look to his face. You really captured his expression with your choice for skin color!

Can't wait to see the final piece.

Thanks again form those you commented. Didn't get much done on him today...

Morg- You can order any Freebooter model through CMON shop. CMON Shop

I've had great sucess with them. In fact, I've got another batch due in any day now that includes the two new wood elves and the new beastman. It's a flat shipping rate of 3$USD. Might be different for CANADA. But it's worth checking out.

Morri- Yes, I prime in black. Yes it is brush on. I don't trust spray on primer. I'll admit I'm just using Chaos Black as primer. About two coats, straight out of the bottle. As far detail/ color results, yes it does require a few more layers with some colors... Don't worry about things being too dark, just try working up from dark to light with your base coats and primary colors. It really works!

BTW- Welcome to the Reaper Community!

KK- Thanks!

SK

Morri- Yes, I prime in black.  Yes it is brush on.  I don't trust spray on primer.  I'll admit I'm just using Chaos Black as primer.  About two coats, straight out of the bottle.  As far detail/ color results, yes it does require a few more layers with some colors...  Don't worry about things being too dark, just try working up from dark to light with your base coats and primary colors.  It really works! 

BTW- Welcome to the Reaper Community! 

Thanks for sharing your *secrets* and for the warm welcome as well... ^_^