Real Dragons?

gwangi32

I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica and a few other shows on SCI FI and there have been these advertisements for a show on Animal Planet about Dragons. I watched it tonight and Wow was that cool. A supposed natural history and more. Its worth a look!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched it oo, and it was amazing how they worked through the physiology and historical development...it was fascinating, even to where we could guess, ahhh, so that would mean ...for a few things.

Anyway, I highly recommend it as well. Fun, well written...I cried for a dragon that doesn't exist...probably. :blush:

For me it was entertaining, but a bit of a letdown. To me it would have been more interesting to focus on historical references and the various cultures that have dragon lore in them then to have some fancy story and animation about Mrs Dragon and her daughter. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, just I'd rather have had a little more facts and little less drama.

I watch a little bit of, I know it was Prime Time, but they could have shown the dragon preying on sheep, cattle or "Sacrificial Virgin".

"OHHHHH, please Dragon of the Northern Mountains leave us alone, here is my offering, my pure snow white daughter."

"GULP!!!" :lol::lol:::D::lol::lol:

Ok, I didn't watch the whole show, my wife had wanted to watch something else.

I thought it was pretty cool. That they got Patrick Stewart to narrate had my wife very confused. She was like "Wait, they found the skeleton of a Dragon!?"

I had to remind her that if such evidence had been found she'd have heard about it from me long before they ever had the time to produce a documentary about it.

They neatly skipped over how prehistoric dragons had no forelegs, and "modern" dragons did. The supposed "intermediary" species, the water dragons, miraculously split their wings and forelegs and managed to come out of the water with 6 limbs. This disappointed me. Special effects were ok.

I wonder how many "They really found a dragon!" conversations I'm going to have to put up with.

Didn't get the opportunity to watch it, since I was doing paperwork (it's amazing how much is generated just because you are transferring to a new office and need to terminate with 35 clients). It's animal planet, which like discovery re-runs a new show about 40 times in the following 2 weeks. I will be stunned if I can't catch it on another night.

I watched it, what I could (missed a lot - Thomas is sick). I would have preferred something that touched upon different dragons from around the world. They spoke about it in belief systems and myths, but really only showed the western ideal. Even the jungle dragon didn't as closely resemble the Chinese ideal as I would have hoped.

Also, some of the theories were a bit far fetched. They escape the asteriod by having ocean dwelling dragons, which decided to venture onto land, still with vestigial wings and "hydrogen bladders." :blink:

several problems with their dragons.

as mentioned, no other animal (aside from bugs) has six limbs. the prehistoric one was more believable.

the wings became vestigual then became functional again - as well as the hydrogen bags?

As massive as it was, it would have had to have had a lot more hydrogen bag or longer wings to fly. They gave the thing the wingspan of a California Condor and the weight of a horse and the gas bag of a weather balloon - good for a couple of pounds.