Breaking Skellies

Does anyone else have a little trouble with the warlord skellies breaking?

I've had one that arrived broken, and three that have broken under fairly normal usage. Not to big of a deal to repair with a little green stuff.

I'm curious if I'm just a brute, or do other people have it happening too?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else have a little trouble with the warlord skellies breaking?

I've had one that arrived broken, and three that have broken under fairly normal usage. Not to big of a deal to repair with a little green stuff.

I'm curious if I'm just a brute, or do other people have it happening too?

Yeah, I had a couple Skeleton Breakers [yup the pun goes here] broken in the blister. Just contact REAPER and they'll take care of you.

Oh yeah, you're a brute.

So far 2 breakers and 2 warriors - breakers at the vertebrae just above the hips and the warriors on the model's right arm at shoulder and elbow.

Like I said, not a major problem to fix with 2 part epoxy - but might be something to be addressed in either future sculpting - or a possible problem with metal being brittle.

Mostly just curious to see whats up, if it's just me or a wider problem.

In compairing the Warlord Skelies to my old DHL skelies, the DHL's look beefier - more like they were designed to be played with..the warlord skelies are daintier (finer boned).

One grunt, lost right (sword) arm - stuck it in the base with a bit of GS.

One archer lost half of bow.. a bit of zap fixed him back up..

Another archer, I cut the big support thingy - mistake, should have painted it black.

Cure? Get DHL skelies and glue them on warlord bases.

In comparison to other models from GW and warmachine, the reaper miniatures, especially the skeletions, are very soft. I broke my skeletal breaker when I tried to readjust it back to a normal stance. Yes, you have to be careful with all the models. On the other hand, it is very easy to remove any mold line.

I've only collected the warriors and archer skeletons thus far. Admittedly they do seem more "fragile" than any other skeletons (other companies). However, other than that one archer pose mentioned by others, I can't say that there's been any problem.

In fact, I was able to bend the models enough to repose some just for variety. It was a scary moment each time I did but none of them broke, and I ended up reinforcing the weak points with gel superglue and/or putty.

It may be a casting more than mold issue. The Reaper figs are as beefy as the RP skeles I used to repose all the time...

If the metal cools too quickly, you'll get a weak crumbly area. Or if a bit of dross gets in a bad place, it'll be more fragile. On skeles, their cross-sections are thin, so a bit of dross, or miscast bad spot can cause more problems.

I really haven't had any serious probs with mine.

As a necro player, I have at least a dozen of each type of grunt. I haven't had one break yet, and that is after about 2 dozen games. ^_^

However, I never bend them into/out of position. I think it weakens the metal to be bending a lot, so if they come out of the package bent, they stay that way.

And yes, all of my 15 skelly breakers are holding their swords upside down, cause that's how they came. :lol: