Sign in to follow this  
wtwest

Dark Elf Merc

I have several Hasslefree minis, so I finally decided to paint one up. I figured I'd experiment with the metallics, so I could try them on a Reaper female dwarf. I started with a black basecoat. I drybrushed gun metal all over the armour of the figure. Next I gave it a wash of purple and blue. When dry I dry brushed with the gun metal once again. Next I dry brushed with gold, followed by bronze. Then I gave it a brown wash. When dry I dry brushed silver. I used the same colors on the armour to tie it all together. All the metallic paints were Howard Hues. I used elf flesh with white added for highlights. The hair is simple black with highlights of various greys. The base was black with drybrushed snakebite leather, the white was added to the leather to highlight further. When completed added some leaves and static grass. I coated the figure with a couple of coats of dullcoat. When dry I drybrushed some clear gloss on different areas of the armour and sword. Overall it turned out better than I thought it would. I'm looking forward to trying it on the dwarf. Maybe some day I'll give the NMM a try. Not quite sure how it all works yet. I figure for the time being, I'll have to settle for real metallics. Thanks for taking a look.

WTWest :devil: