WIP- Comments Appreciated

Vil-hatarn

Here's the WIP log I was talking about starting like...three weeks ago. I decided just to do all four models in the log, as I'll be working on them at the same time anyway. So, here's the unpainted pics (though the monk is primed)

wip14nx.jpg

wip29er.jpg

The monk conversion is a Reaper monk model (don't remember which one; it's pretty recent though) with a GW dark elf shade sword blade pinned on top of the staff, to make some sort of nasty-looking polearm.

And here's the basecoat on Rath Nashanneth:

wip32gj.jpg

Hopefully, the NMM will come out well (I have yet to actually finish a model with NMM, so this project could end prematurely...no wait, it can't. I need these for D&D. Arrgh. Well, these might be stripped depending on how they come out...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this is so slow. Here's some work on the sorcerer:

wip56xp.jpg

And since I've got nothing else to post, I figured I'd add some commission army men I'm doing:

wip64lv.jpg

You can't really tell from the photo, but that mini's a good 3-4 inches tall. There's five others to match.

Oh yeah, his arm isn't attached yet. It's holding his rifle, and that would have caused problems as far as getting paints where they don't belong, so it stayed off. For now.

Hopefully, I'll be updating soon, but I'm gone this weekend, so maybe not...

Yay! More pics. The first two are a test model for my warhammer (and probably warlord) elf color scheme. I'm not too happy with the highlights on the robe, but I can fix that when I actually paint them.

wip101ni.jpg

wip111un.jpg

Next, some more work on my monk. I've added detail work on the clothes, and painted the eyes. Yes, they are bright blue (he's psychic). I don't think anything else has changed on him.

wip123gm.jpg

And finally, some work on the sorcerer. I've added to the armor, though I think it will have to change, as I've given up on NMM and am trying demi-metallics instead.

wip136lw.jpg

Comments welcome.

Yay! An update less than a week after the last one!

Here's my newer version of Rath- I gave up on NMM, so have switched to demi-metallics. I might switch some parts back to gold, just to keep him from being a two-tone model, with only black and silver.

wip143gn.jpg

Same deal with the sorc- switched to demi-metallics (haven't done gold yet)

wip152ds.jpg

On my test scheme model, I've finished basecoating, added some brighter highlights on the cloth, and messed around with the belt a bit:

wip160if.jpg

And finally, some barriers/fences/fortifications I'm working on:

wip173sy.jpg

On the base, I'm mixing equal non-metallic and metallic paints. I might do the highlights with more metallics in them, to really get them to stand out, but my current method is just a 50/50 mix of matching colors- propaint armor gray with propaint steel plate and GW boltgun metal, gw codex gray with gw chainmail, and gw fortress gray with gw mithril silver (not much of that). Still have to figure out my gold mixes.