Thought you've seen it all?

Durak

What Percentage of RPG players in YOUR Group are Female?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Percentage of RPG players in YOUR Group are Female?

• 0% There are No Female Gamers in My group
    • 1-20% 1 in 5 of My Group is Female
    • 21-40% 2 out of 5
    • 41-60% 3 out of 5
    • 61-80% 4 out of 5
    • 91-99% Not quite all of the group , but more than 4 out of 5
    • 100% We are all females.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning a new game the size/complexity of D&D without an old veteran to walk you through it has GOT to be tough & intimidating. I'm glad I learned D&D back in the days. ::):

Now if only they'd come out with a Warhammer for Dummies. That's a game I WISH I'd have learned back in the days. It is intimidating to try to learn alone, with only the rulebook. :wacko:

AS an Old timer and playing the game of &DD now for thirty plus years, can see a need for this book if for nothing else then showing a new player how to play by just handing him the book and to take home for a week or so. Not to mention the insights an old timer like us might gain from just some good advice with in the book. It is at least worth the 19.95 for it to be able to play from that book and NOT need another is a god-send IMHO :)

-jon

Sad thought is I actually NEED that book. Why? Because I still mess up in how to move bonus points around and in the basic setup of my characters. I can roll up a character just fine, but I always have my DM look it over because 99% of the time I've royally messed something up.

I wish I had this book when my girlfriend at the time saw Sally Jessie Rafiel (sp?) told her that I was a devil worshiper and I was doomed if I played this game. My family and her started to arrange and intervention after that but it never did happen. :lol:

It's not that hard. I taught myself 3.0 and 3.5. I've now been DMing for two years, and have only ever played one or two games myself.

It is not that the game is TO hard to learn or for that matter that difficult.. no offense to anyone on here of course. It is a matter of conveniance and having a decvent book explaining away some of the more difficult things like OOP's and some of the combat things that get mixed up at times..

It is ALOT easier if you have someone that HAS played the game before with a good understanding of the rules to learn from as well. This just makes it that much easier is all :)

-jon

Thats true... I had people to help me when I learned 3.0 and then went onto 3.5

I just jumped into a game with little knowledge at all but its easy to pick it up when you play in a group and they help you.

3.5 was a piece of cake after that.

"Market research indicates that 4 million American males, ages 8 to 45, play Dungeons & Dragons, while 7.6 million who haven’t played say they want to learn how."

Market research apparently also indicated that American females who play D&D don't exist.

Yeah us women who game are a figment of the imagination. :lol::huh::blink:

I see "Thought you've seen it all" and instantly pops into my head...

So you been to school

For a year or two

And you know you’ve seen it all

In daddy’s car

Thinkin’ you’ll go far

Back east your type don’t crawl

Play ethnicky jazz

To parade your snazz

On your five grand stereo...

It's actually only Israeli females who play D&D... but not in the military anymore.