WIP

FuzzyIzmit

Just thought I would show you guys my progress on my dragon. It is getting done, slowly but surely. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them. Oh, he is going to be a blue dragon btw...havent gotten that far yet. (and I know there are some spots I need to repaint, but I painted the inside of the mouth and everything before attaching if so that it wouldnt be such a pain to paint later)

And I always start a mini by painting the eyes. Dont know why, but it is just and inspiration!

post-4-1111673515.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start... ya can't go wrong with a start this good!... and now for something that I don't know that I've ever thought of before when painting teeth: plaque & tarter (tartar?) Yes I try to make the teeth nasty and funky looking... but...

Having a dog with smelly breath helps this line of thinking out. I look at the Dragon's teeth and think - eeeew tarter build-up... then I start thinking about my dog's smelly breath (it's in his family, his sister's breath is bad too) and where tarter tends to build up on his teeth.

Anyway... the buildup is in places that the food pools as he chews it up and eats it.... He's a sideways cruncher...

Not knowing if a dragon does alot of chweing... or if it's just enough to rip it up and swallow it, I wouldn't know where the tarter should be... but I know you got the color right.

heh... how's that for rambling?! Some things to think about at least.... heh

Looking awesome ... Love the eye and i agree it will inspire you .. if it doesnt scare the living stuff out of you everytime you look at it :p

Just one thing though .. the last 5 teeth on the lower row seem a little white to my eyes ... might be me .. but maybe you should

tarter

it some more :) (sorry didnt know the word so im just quoting :)

Other than that .. nice start ... and i do not agree with making the gum more pink. If the offset color is blue .. itll ne 2 clear and i kinda like it like this :)

Well theres my 2 cents worth ....

Grtz

Q

Thanks for all the replies! I really like the way he is turning out, I hope the rest of him goes as great. I never thought a dragon's physiology would be that far outside reality, so thats the reason he has tartar. I hope to keep you all posted with the progress!

I am finally getting some work done on this guy, but it is slow going. I am also having trouble photographing him, but I am going to try again tomorrow to get some better shots. There is a lot of glare from the gloss coat, but it is needed so I dont chip my paint job. It would break my heart to have to do him over again. Anyway...here is my best shot from my photos I took tonight. It aint much. I hope once my new job starts I will be more consistant with my painting. I have hardly painted at all in the last month!

post-4-1114570445.jpg