What colors would you like to see?

ladystorm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they're adding a host of new colors (I can't remember the exact number he told me) but the selections are still in R&D phase. I do like the purple metallic he sent, it's juts too light for my purposes. I need the deep, royal purple metallic, with maybe this lighter shade as an accenting color for higlighted areas or to show wear.

I'm bumping this thread (boy, trying to find it was a pain). I think it's a good one and I think Reaper would like to hear what we want in the way of paints. This was brought up in the General Discussion about the Walnut paint, but this thread definately hasn't been seen by some of the newer members and it's only right for their voice to be heard as well.

Colors I'd like to see:

Dark Skin: a 50/50 mix of Walnut and Aged Red Brick with a bit of Oiled Leather. Talk to Anne about the precise color (although mine I liked better, sorry, and it wasn't as red in color as Anne's). This is a great base color for dark skin tones.

More Satins and Silks. These are wonderful and fun to use. I'd like to see something in an iridescent added, where maybe it looks white but when the light catches it there's a red, or blue, or green metallic sheen.

More purples. There doesn't seem to be enough of this color for some reason.  :oops:

That's about all I have for now.

The correct answer is: All of them.

an acceptable answer would have been: Yes.

--any and all. As long as they're good paints.

--lstormhammer

That and Skin tones of several different colors.

I once saw a clay kit for kids that was called "Skintones" And it had like 7 different blocks of all the differnet skintones out there.  It was really cool.  Now if Reaper could do that with paints, it would be awesome.

Wow, hadn't thought about this one in a while...

Upon consideration, I think I would want some softer-toned colors, more along the lines of Vallejo's Model Colors series. While the piccata of the Reaper colors is fantastic, sometimes I want to paint something a little muted...

Unless Great and Powerful Anne would want to show me a fantastic Muting Additive I can put in my paints, and go from there...

--LSH, wishing and hoping.

Wow, hadn't thought about this one in a while...

Upon consideration, I think I would want some softer-toned colors, more along the lines of Vallejo's Model Colors series. While the piccata of the Reaper colors is fantastic, sometimes I want to paint something a little muted...

Unless Great and Powerful Anne would want to show me a fantastic Muting Additive I can put in my paints, and go from there...

--LSH, wishing and hoping.

If I want to mute a color a bit I usually add a bit of a neutral grey.

• Reaper User

What Enchantra says, Stormie.  :;):  A little bit of a neutral grey (Granite or Ash) or a soft brown, like Shield Brown, will go a long way toward more naturalistic, softer painting.  That's why I never highlight up with Dragon White, but rather with Linen--the little bit of brown in the Linen White makes my colors a lot softer.

--Anne-of-the-Wacky-Muted-Color-Fu

I have an idea for a "Learn-to-Paint Kit" more than for a particular color.

In hand with my recent post, I'd love to see a "Learn-to-Paint NMM (Non-Metallic Metal -or- Never More Masochistic)" Paint Kit, which (hopefully) would include Anne's favorite colors and instructions on her *A-M-A-Z-I-N-G* technique.

Anyone else game for that?

I've said this before when I was playing around with layered metalics and it would be nice to see more variations of blue, green and purple metalic colors, especially metallic green.

There isn't enough for me to shade with.

:P

Sure, I can add darken and lighten them up a bit with paints, but it's all about shortcuts, no?

I guess I could just make a custom mix myself.

:)

I have an idea for a "Learn-to-Paint Kit" more than for a particular color.

Anyone else game for that?

Foundry has a line of paints they sell in 6-paint packs. You get two related colors, and for each color you get your "highlight" and "shade" colors. So they more-or-less tell you straight out what colors work well together by default.

It is a very clever idea, and I do not see any reason why others could not follow suit in a similar fashion...

You don't need a metallic purple. Trust me. Buy yourself a bottle of Vallejo Metallic Medium (or any metallic medium from an art supply store). Mix it half-and-half with whatever colour you like and you'll get a beautiful metallic paint.

Plus, it's cheaper than having a dozen metallic colours (as opposed to 'true' metallics like silver and gold and copper) that you're going to use sparingly.

even thou Jim doesn't frequent the boards as much these days.

the medium is ok, but to me it turns the color more to a pearl then a metallic like color.

Randy M

What Enchantra says, Stormie.  :;):  A little bit of a neutral grey (Granite or Ash) or a soft brown, like Shield Brown, will go a long way toward more naturalistic, softer painting.  That's why I never highlight up with Dragon White, but rather with Linen--the little bit of brown in the Linen White makes my colors a lot softer.

--Anne-of-the-Wacky-Muted-Color-Fu

I use Linen more than Dragon White, just because alot of things aren't that bright of white, I use it espically on shirts & teeth!!

Randy M

• Reaper User

Okay!  First off, you will be pleased to know that the NMM paint set will be next in the works, and that I will be starting on it soon.  :)  Second, regarding the comment about paint three-packs with midtone, highlight, and shade, we are considering doing that with a potential new line of "master level" paints, which would also be in dropper bottles...this has been your rumormill update for the day.  Nothing is guaranteed, and I will deny any knowledge of this if confronted by my superiors!  :;):

--Anne-the-gossip-monger