Ranz's Raidin' Razig Raiders

I am an elitist and I love Soul Cannon!

-Razig +either the lesser weapon or the lesser armour

-8 Bone Marines

-3 Soul Cannon

-Soul Cannon with lesser accuracy upgrade

About 740-something I believe. Positioning the Big Guns is key and keeping the Marines alive long enough at least to get off their opening volley is very key.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrain is going to be a great big factor here. You're not going to be moving too fast (unless you let your cannons fall out of command range, but then beware beasts and shockers). Be careful about Razig getting mobbed. Remember if he goes down, his other units die instead. Can't remember the actual order though. You could be losing your cannons without even getting them near the enemy...

All I've got so far is the figurehead (on order) so I haven't given it much thought. I figure I'll get you to do it with toothpicks! :poke: Actually, [Captain Jack voice]In the Market as it were.[/Captain Jack voice] I'm going to see what I can buy before I get too involved in it. I've got too many minis to paint to be a scratch buildin'! :rolleyes:

There has been some talk about me building another one of these ships or (if I had my way, I'd be building a 74 two-decker from the napoleonic era).

These wooden waterline ships are a considerable amount of work. They're not hard, they just take dedication. If I did a "step by step" guide would there be any serious interest? (by serious meaning the reader would actually undertake to make one of their own?)

Here's the old thread on the Blutdrakken

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2687

BS&F has changed their URL

https://www.skipper.co.uk

The Elizabethan Galleon

https://www.skipper.co.uk/catsm.htm#ELIZABETHAN

If I did a "step by step" guide would there be any serious interest? (by serious meaning the reader would actually undertake to make one of their own?)

YOU KNOW IT!

I already made a "dummy" of Gary Chalk's design (the one posted earlier from Forgeworld). It is workable, but a bit "flat" for my taste.

1500 point version-first draft!

Razig's Comin' Fer Real!!!!

Troop One:

Razig + Greater Armour Upgrade

3 Soul Cannon

8 Bone Marines 663

Troop Two:

Grim Pete

Soul Cannon

4 Skeleton Crew with Pistols 252

Troop Three:

Black Knife Tom