Musician and standard bearer

Reaper

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Musician is a no-brainer for most unit types, whether you have a unit you want to get into hand-to-hand faster, or a unit you want to get out of hand-to-hand. Dwarf players can see it as getting a huge movement upgrade for 1-2 points per model.

Standard's a little trickier. While more DIS can't hurt it's not always a solid investment. I normally take them in units where their DIS is already pretty high (like the Deathseekers, for instance) to make them able to disengage melee combat (or attack those nasty Horrid Vile Empowered Etc things) at will.

If you play an all-dwarf army, you REALLY need to get musicians. They get a +2 Mov instead of just the +1. My friend (DwarvenLord) loves to tie that in with his Swiftaxes. Next thing you know you've got crazy little dwarves burning across the field. Ouch.

Another thing to consider is a totem. You can't sniff at +1 MAV for the whole battle (unless your opponent screws you up). That's like buying Lesser Magic Weapon for the whole army!

If you play an all-dwarf army, you REALLY need to get musicians. They get a +2 Mov instead of just the +1. My friend (DwarvenLord) loves to tie that in with his Swiftaxes. Next thing you know you've got crazy little dwarves burning across the field. Ouch.

Not to mention that the dwarven cleric can add another +1 to that with the Dwarf faction spell. muahahaha