Jolie, Scribe

Ardice

I didn't win any places (not that I really expected to, but I wanted to enter for the experience). Hopefully I'll win some swag, though :)

Anyway, here's Jolie. It was my first attempt at any kind of free hand (the book) and I had to redo it three times, and also my first attempt using green stuff to make a base. Anyway, comments always welcome :)

Heather

post-4-1111851104.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start of by saying its a great piece :) ...

I laughed in a non-offending way at her face ... looks likes shes trying to look sexy ... like a sexy nerd :P ...

Overal very nicely done .. i like how you accentuated the green with the green :) .... thats something totally different ... in my experiance it is :)

Really nice

Q

ps. No offence but i dislike the base .... good start ... way better than mine i must say .. but still its missing something i cant quite grasp ....

Thanks for the comments. I find it interesting, so many people have commented to me on how different the green-on-green choice is, but I would have assumed using different shades of the same colour to accent would be more common.

About the base, I do admit it was the first time I'd ever even touched green stuff. And I had no idea what I was doing. After I had finished and painted the base up, I found that handy "How to use Green Stuff" article that GW has. Wish I'd found it a few days earlier...

I don't use Dullcote itself on my minis, but what I tend to do, in order to protect them from handling, I use a coat of Vallejo glossy varnish and then I go over it with a coat or two of Vallejo matte varnish. I've been thinking of finding some Dullcote or something that gives me a better result, though. Just haven't had the time or money yet.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, I'm pretty proud of her.

Heather