I love the intarweb sometimes: An Amazon CD review

:0)

I found this hilarious, and I think you will too. It's perfect; it has hypocrisy, dyslexia, idiocy, and irony all in one review. ::D:

I drew green arrows to the best parts:

jimboblovesemo.gif

*edit* Stupid "m" key.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would ignore something like this, but yes this is funny. Funny in that odd yet totally real sort of way. Scary at the same time. He's 14 and he cannot spell much less write a coherent English sentence.

The strange thing is, I get guys in their 30's who write like this contacting me over IM. Heavens! Whatever happened to the English language?

If I can dig it up, I will post to you something a guy posted to one of the online newsgroups I belong to. You cannot read it much less figure out what he is trying to say. People really need to be able to write the language they are brought up with. How else are you going to communicate and get a half-way decent job? I used to lecture my students on writing, in an Anthropology class! Why? Because inevitably I would get term papers written in something that only vaguely represented English. I lost track of the number of students I sent to the campus writing center the last semester I was teaching.

EDIT:

OK, I found a sample of what this one guy posted. I have no idea what he is saying or if the content is decent seeing I have no idea what message he is trying to convey other than "I have a problem." Oh and the following passage was written by a person with no known disabilities who was born and raised in this country.

"Yes your so right about people and dogs I my self wouldnt have an dog

as I have no place or time to keep an canine.

Also an shameful thing that I see more type woman like dogs for

the purpose of feeling like there can boss around an 4 legged man

around as some men like cats as they think that meowning is like an

woman in an good mood or an man like it when he accidently step on

the cat as it sounds like an really bad mood or the soft purrr that

reminds an man she in the mood as the woman hear an loud bark of

an canine it ok to tell him to shut up with out being fuss back at.

Well any way Ijust had to bring up the light side."

Now there is no legitimate excuse for illiteracy in this country unless you have serious learning disabilities that prevent you from reading or writing properly, and even then I hope the person is getting some kind of help to improve what they can do. Everyone in this country is required to attend school, whether it be public, private or at home. By the time one leaves school I would certainly hope they can at least form a simple English sentence.

I cut people with learning disabilities some slack here. I do the same for people whose primary language is something other than English. English has to be one of the hardest languages to learn to read and write in next to Chinese and Japanese. I had many students who had English as a second Language. They tried very hard to write in it. Some of them needed further help, where others did just fine. I gave them a big pat on the back if I saw improvement or if they came for help. The same went for students who had disabilities. If I saw them trying, and putting forth an effort, I would do what I could to help.

The above example of writing though has no excuse. His primary language is English and he has no disabilities. So his illiteracy is nothing more than a shameful mark. Not just on him but on our education system that needs an overhaul.

"This si teh BEST band EVAR!!!! Yuo must buyes their albulum RIHGT NOW!!111!!!111

I lisens to ti when i HAX0R on teh INTARWEB SIETES! and when I shoots pelpole with a raile gun in teh gaem QUAEKS! BUY IT NOW OR I WILL COEM TO YUOR HOUES AND HITS YUO WITH BATS!!!!!"

When I was still employed, I worked as a liasion between the Finance dept (where I worked) and the Sales Dept. When I would get e-mail questions, all day I would make comments like "sentence fragment," or "no punctuation," or "jeez, that entire paragraph was one run-on sentence!!!" I'm not surprised.

Damon.

"Yes your so right about people and dogs I my self wouldnt have an dog

as I have no place or time to keep an canine.

Also an shameful thing that I see more type woman like dogs for

the purpose of feeling like there can boss around an 4 legged man

around as some men like cats as they think that meowning is like an

woman in an good mood or an man like it when he accidently step on

the cat as it sounds like an really bad mood or the soft purrr that

reminds an man she in the mood as the woman hear an loud bark of

an canine it ok to tell him to shut up with out being fuss back at.

Well any way Ijust had to bring up the light side."

This gives me a headache just trying to read it.