Paint Shaker?

toolgawd

Evening folks,

First post here and I have enjoyed many of the fine miniatures shown throughout the site.

Anyways, I've asked this question many times on the various RPG forums I visit and none of them seem to have an answer so I figured I'd ask some painters. I'm looking for a mini paint shaker, that will hold the eye dropper paints (Vallejo etc.), and shake them at high speeds. Kind of like the big drum ones they use at Home Depot and that.

I've searched high and far on various internet sites and even MicroMart and have yet to find anything, so hopefully one of you guys can help.

Thanks for any help you give me and it is greatly appreciated,

JJ

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will love it! One thing I would suggest is to find somethign to the bottles to use as an agitater. Fortunately, a nearby store sells stainless steel ball bearigns, and those work well for aiding wiht the paint shaking.

I've already got ball bearings in my vallejo's, just that my arm usually wears out trying to mix my yellow and white paints.

JJ

ive had SS knives that rusted on me but then they were the cheaper kind. but if the quality of the metal has anything to do with it i would imagine that the SS ball bearings would be of pretty low quality.

I would think that the metal in a Ball bearing would be of higher quality then one might think.. considering they are made to be able to with stand alot of pressure and such in thier use for mechanical measures.

So why not in a jar of paint.. as long as the jar is not glass and you do not shake it to vigorously in that :)

Marine-grade nuts or bolts?

Yes stainless can rust. Marine stuff takes longer. If you wanna be totally safe you'd have to go with glass beads.

That is what I use.. Glass beads.. They are fairly cheap and get the job done.. and the main thing is you NEVER ever have to worry about Rust or a chemical reaction with em :)

-jon