New Doctor Who

Smokin'

The first episode of the new Doctor Who screened last night on the BBC and it was fab. If and when it crosses the pond or reaches your shore take the time to check it out.

Christopher Eccleston (the army officer in 28 Days Later) plays The Doctor and Billie Piper plays his assistant.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a continuation of the old series (what were the up to, the 10th regeneration?) or are they starting from the beginningg again?

Not that I care. Dr Who was always good, and Tom Baker will always be the Doctor in my heart. I didn't evwn know they were doing anything new with it.

• Super Administrators

I really hope our PBS station picks it up. In my opinion, it has all of the heart and spirit of the series from my childhood. And it's a little campy in the same old way, too. Really liked it.

kit

Its definately not a London accent (thats mine!). He is a Northerner as Dr Who....and that can be anywhere north of London in my book, but in reality it could be a soft Yorkshire accent or somewhere like that

Shaz

I would place it as a Lancashire accent, as spoken by an alien ie. it's kind of generic 'Northern'. It works though.

To answer Erion, you don't see a regeneration but The Doctor does do a lovely bit with his sticky out ears whilst looking in the mirror ("Could 'ave been worse!") that gives the impression of him having regenerated. However, you also see some pictures taken of him at historic events (one at Kennedy's assassination, natch!) which contradict that theory. It's not explicit either way.

I think it's safe to say that it does ignore the McCann film set in the states. And as the episodes are written by Russell Davies there is bound to be a fair bit of at least stylistic continuity.

Just the right side of camp, with special effects that are just the right side of obvious and a good starter 'baddie' in the Autons, it really looks promising.

• Super Administrators
To answer Erion, you don't see a regeneration but The Doctor does do a lovely bit with his sticky out ears whilst looking in the mirror ("Could 'ave been worse!") that gives the impression of him having regenerated. However, you also see some pictures taken of him at historic events (one at Kennedy's assassination, natch!) which contradict that theory. It's not explicit either way.

As we learned in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, just because we're seeing him post-regeneration right now doesn't mean that in the future he won't have gone back and affected the past which then shows up in the present.

Wyld Stallyns!

Or something like that.

kit

As we learned in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, just because we're seeing him post-regeneration right now doesn't mean that in the future he won't have gone back and affected the past which then shows up in the present.

Wyld Stallyns!

Or something like that.

kit

"No Way!"

Wyld Stallyns!

Or something like that.

kit

"No Way!"

Way.