Reaper packaged green stuff

haldir

So I'm at the Boise Hobbytown yesterday (didn't really need to hit Dark Horse games yesterday) & after I had grabbed some Tamiya paint, I meandered over to the Reaper wall & low in behold I see green & brown stuff now packaged by Reaper, Coolness!!! now I can drop GW on that part as well, ha ha. My only complaint about it why the ribbon style & not the seperate "tubing" style? Eventually when my current ribbon runs I'm gonna buy a tube from Neal at Warstore, but I may just end up using the Reaper ribbon style instead.

On a similar note, picked up a few new released minis while I was there, seen the new Colussus skeleton (gotta get that one now!!! SWEEET!!), Ebonwrath box dragon, gotta get that one too, but I'll order from Neal or discount hobby for that one (save 7 bucks!!) & the other current released minis (except for Oathcroak & the new Warlords)

coolness

Randy M

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, the reaper label on someone else's product isn't that great in retrospect. It just gets torn off and thrown in the trash.

And you do know you can buy GW stuff up to 25-40% or more off at www.hillcitycomics.com ? It's a great store; I buy from them all the time. They have a GW pack of greenstuff for $5.50USD rather than $8.00.

knowing that i don't support GW with my dollars is great incentive to me, but I want to use the seperate tubing style of greenstuff more then the ribbon, yes I could seperate the ribbon but why + the tubin you get more

nice that a store can sell GW at a decent price, surpringly GW has shut them down for doing that.

Randy M

Actually, I am very thankful that Reaper started selling the green and brown stuff. Prior to this, none of my local stores carried green stuff at all. All I could get was the blue and white GW makes. I bought a pack of Reaper branded green stuff from my flgs last week and just used it to convert 10 minis this week. I love the texture of it and its workability. ::):

TS

I personally prefer the ribbon stuff to the tube stuff. With the ribbon stuff, it is a snap to get exact amounts of each color.

If the reason you don't like the ribbon stuff as much is because that over time the area where the 2 colors touch will harden, then just cut the ribbon in half when you buy it and store in seperate plastic baggies! ^_^

Hey :o), just curious but do have something against me on here? If so I have no idea why.

I made a pun about GW named mini being $$ where you can get an almost exact mini (thou with less giant protruding items) with a generic name from Reaper for more than half, that was my joke, but you seem to take it like a personal attack against you & now you make it out to I attack every one of your posts from now on. If that offended you them I'm sorry, I didn't want my post to seem that way, honest.

Yes I did look at that hill city site, there was a few things on there that I did like (GW speakin, not much into comics anymore), but I didn't see anything on there that allows them to forgo the ruling GW did for online sales store thou. (EDIT-- just relized they are in Canada)

Yes Reaper aims for the rpg crowd, ie who cares what mini you use as long as you have your fighter type or cleric type, where GW's minis are made for their game, ie the greater the person is for the game the more demand, etc etc.

Yes I'm not a GW fan, but there are things from GW I do like, Skaven, they are great, I've stole them & I put them into my game worlds, cause I've always like ratmen (when I played), but then again S&S has their version of ratmen as well, & I use them mainly cause they have all the D20 stats I need, Black Orcs I make them my stronger bigger orcs (Reaper's bull orcs work great for representing these). Also when I played RPGs on a regular basis one of my favorite systems to play was WhFRPG, I love the grittiness of the world. Heck I even have one my most memorable times while playin a rpg, playin that game.

On the mini side I use the GW bases mainly the round type as I wanted all of my nonslot type minis to look uniformed. Also there are some Reaper DH minis with extremely tiny bases, one that comes to mind is WK female with a crossbow, she wouldn't stay up, bu thanks to a GW base she does & heck for the price of the GW bag of round bases (can't recall the price nor the # in the bag), I love that. & as long as I continue with minis I'll continue to buy GW bases mainly cause more the 90% of my stuff is mounted on those (the other 5 -10% is probably Warlord or some off brand company.

I don't want to have anyone P'Oed at me or me at them, I went through that crap with anther board, so if you have a problem, please PM or email me & we'll discuss this & that goes for anyone on here.

Sorry to post, but I felt like I had to say something. Also on a nicer note, more or less greenstuff is an extra for me as I have no sculpting skills what so ever, I make a disaster out of anything I touch with it, heck I might even take a sculpting class at the 'con just to learn basic application with it. I've heard good stuff about the seperate tubing style & when my current supply runs out & may try it, but for now I'll stick with what I got.

Randy M

& if you would have not seen my post & then posted GRRRR I'm makin reference to GW's snub to all non GW store online sales. Why they did that I have no idea, one reason why i don't care for them

(EDIT-- just relized they are in Canada)

There we go! Thank you for taking a closer look. ::P:

I'm not attacking you. You saying Hillcity was closed down due to GW's us ban made me believe you didn't really care to look at my post, is all.