Solvent for Epoxy Glues?

Heisler

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

part of the beauty of epoxy is that once it is cured, it is pretty much everything proof. however, a good soak in acetone might soften it up.. The other option is a bit of pressure - depending on how much JBWeld is involved, I have found it kinda brittle and you may be able to pop the wings off. A small screwdriver at the joint with a bit of pry or twist.

What's your time worht? That's that I always ask myself. If this is an unpainted mini, I'd just toss it and buy another. It'll take you hours to pry those off, and even then you may not be successful or will mar the rest of the mini. Expoxy, like airhead said, is suppoed to be nearly impervious once cured. it's good stuff!

How about using a jeweler's saw and cutting it at the joint, flipping then pinning with some greenstuff?

My thoughts exactly Ary. It might be the easiest, and least frustrating measure. Plus, the chances of getting that epoxy off, and not damaging the rest of the figure will be pretty slim.

Oh, and the Quote and Reoport buttons need to be a little further apart. I almost accidently 'ported Ary. :down:

Epoxy. You just gotta love the stuff.

Once I tried to remove a hand that had been glued to the wrist socket using a bit of epoxy resin. End result, the arm broke at the elbow, but the wrist never came apart from the hand.

I have heard a number of reports that simple green will break down Kneadatite epoxy putty (aka greenstuff) so it might be worth a try on this.

Since this is a good thing to know, I just epoxied 2 pieces of metal together and I'll give the simple green a try to dissolve it Saturday afternoon.

Was it a Reaper Mini? If it was, I can aid you in exchanging it for a replacement mini at no cost to you, even if the miniature is deformed due to the actions of the consumer.

Sadly it was not a Reaper Mini. My son is a 40K player, although he is expressing interest in other systems now. :B):

Was it a Reaper Mini?  If it was, I can aid you in exchanging it for a replacement mini at no cost to you, even if the miniature is deformed due to the actions of the consumer.

Does this mean that when we mess up our conversions, Reaper will replace our sadly mangled minis? Wow!

:wub:

Flit

Mangler of only one mini (so far)

I have heard a number of reports that simple green will break down Kneadatite epoxy putty (aka greenstuff) so it might be worth a try on this.

Since this is a good thing to know, I just epoxied 2 pieces of metal together and I'll give the simple green a try to dissolve it Saturday afternoon.

After epoxying the 2 pieces of metal together and giving a 12+ hour cure, I dropped it into the simple green - so far nothing after about 4 hours of soak time.