Martian Tripod

Nanite

Just about finished:

img424d69c7abf3b.jpg

Sculpy and Greenstuff, big improvement over my last finished project.

I started this as an entry for last years Starshipmodeler.com Mars contest, but there's nothing like a deadline to make a person ignore a model for about 6 months ^_^

The feet still need some work, and the legs are a bit rough. Also I need to add the ears and eyebrows to the martian.

This Cover was my inspiration.

Reaper Gen. Drake standing in for scale.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

(CMON link:Martian Tripod)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone!

I can't update the image on CMON, so I need another place to host updates.

The martian though is not very good at this point. I'll make sure to post a closeup when the piece is painted.

Oh and those are 1/16" copper tubes for the legs, sunk into the sculpy or gs. It's still a tad wobbly, so I'm going to increase the size of feet.

Thanks again.

Huge thanks to Hexxenhammer for hosting these!

I finished off some details, here's the Martian's face:

martianclose.jpg

The sanded gs bit isn't the Martian's arm, but a connection for the two pieces of copper forming the deathray.

And a side view of the tripod:

tripodside.jpg

I had an awful time trying to get the Martian's ears right :angry:

Oh, a thought on basing. It stands pretty well now, but what do you guys think, should I stick a base under it?

Not real happy with the feet, and there are rough bits to the Martian's head, but overall I'll call it finished, and start painting!

Starting to paint this, should have pics up one day, did a base that looks like a Horta with mange (flock and I don't get along so well), but it's ok.

I've been inquiring about casting, and since I never intended this for a master, it looks like there's way to much to do to get it into the proper shape.

What do you all think?

Oh yeah, plus it's not really good enough to sell I think (the feet are the worst bit). And why am I painting this if I wan't it to be a master? I tell you, at the tender age of 23 my mind is already going...