Elven Colour Scheme Help Requested!

I am going to play Elves but I don't want to go with the traditional green brown scheme - at least not straight green brown - I just want something different...I don't want to go blue/white (too Warhammer high elf) either.

I am playing around with doing autumn elves - brown/orange/red/golds

Or secondary colours - subdued purple/green/orange - and before you go "Ooooo yuck!" - see Arjays little centaur for an example (not much orange but you can see how it stands out against the green and it does compliment the purple on a normal colour chart.

centaur01.jpg

But maybe there is a really cool combo you can think of - give me a hand - I have all these unpainted elves that need some life - what do you think I should do with them?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - thanks guys - more excellent ideas...I have decided to try some sample cards - just white board with a sample of the paint colours I am thinking of to help visualize them better...anyone else do that?

Once I have them - I will put up a poll with pics for fun to see what you like!

Wow - thanks guys - more excellent ideas...I have decided to try some sample cards - just white board with a sample of the paint colours I am thinking of to help visualize them better...anyone else do that?

Once I have them - I will put up a poll with pics for fun to see what you like!

hmmm... I will now :huh:

Well I did a few sample boards tonight - then worked out I couldn't post a poll so we'll have to do it this way. ::P:

Here are 9 ideas for colour combos from suggestions I have received (thanks everyone). What I would :wub: is if you guys could tell me which you like and if you like one that isn't quite right - say "#5 but with more blue in the green" or something...thanks!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg