Elven Colour Scheme Help Requested!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking #1 and #7. The fall tones of #1 I think are just a cool idea and #7 look like it would go with #1 and it's a little more "salt of the earth" look. it would probibly look great with some deadth seekers.

Saint: When I finally decide what colour scheme to do :rolleyes: - fall elves was an idea - but some other ideas I have collected have been great as well - so I am still thinking.... :blush:

This is my first "army" painting and I want to be sure I like it before I paint them all... :lol:

Thanks for the votes guys (and gals) - it does give me some cool insights!

I like three and four the most, partially because they're the most similar to my models. However, three is a bit bright- too close to GW, I think. So, I'd go with four, with maybe one brighter color thrown in for contrast (it's a bit too monochromatic as it is)

After reading all the great ideas here, I'd really like to do something a little different with my elves. Green will be the primary color, I just like it too much to not use it... but I'd like something more unique than the brown. Problem is, I can't think of anything besides brown for leather! Any ideas?

I had some pretty good results using a medium green and dark purple when I did Werner's Wood Elf King. I had some Muddy Brown leathers to balance the areas out along with a bright cream inner cloak and shiny gold NMM to increase the contrast.

For my personal army I'm going white, purple, and gold; white, green, and gold or even silver would look good IMO (as per Ardynn in the gallery).

My votes are for 8 and 2, though I would consider making the orangish/rust color the highest and the green the mid in that trio.

Reaper Gallery - Wood Elf King

I wasn't able to spend as much time on him as I could have and some parts aren't as stellar as others (*cough bird cough*) but you can see the colors I used at least and how they meshed (or failed to as the beholder will judge).

I don't have my army scheme up and running yet online if that's what you were after.

Well I think I have finally decided thanks to all the help from here - now to apply it successfully...and nope not gonna tell til I get an example painted - look for my first elfey in Show Off hopefully within the week....maybe...possibly...if I don't change my mind again..... ::P: