War of the Worlds

SaintRigger

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that has thunderchild in it can't be bad. I wonder what the cruise version is going to be like. Just another independance day?

Still as long as they use the original soundtrack I will be happy. (or at least a similar one)

Speaking of War of the Worlds.. has any one listened to the musical version on CD? It features alot of people from the music Industry in it.. among them ROck Stars

The War Of The Worlds (1976 Studio Cast) [CAST RECORDING]

Julie Covington, Justin Hayward, David Essex, Jeff Wayne, Richard Burton, Phil Lynott

It is an awesome CD and I recommend it to anyone that likes War of the Worlds in general.. it even includes the Thunderchild in it :)

-jon

I'm not sure how the backgrounds looked "plastic" since most seemed to be of natural settings...

I thought the trailer looked very, very cool. I'd definitely want to see this! Hopefully it doesn't mean I need to travel to the UK to do it!

I may need to find my copy and re-read it...

Damon.

I have a soft spot for British sci-fi as it tends to be darker and more brooding than it's american counterpart. I think of films like Reign of Fire and 28 days later as examples of this - and alot of people don't care for it.

Sure, the effects don't look as good as whats cranked out of Hollywood - but then that can be balanced by the story, and how it's told. Case in point is Dr. Who - which had abysmal effects, but still was a great series.

Independance Day had great effects and a miserable story, and suffered because of it in my opinion. (Although the explodey bits were quite fun)

FINALLY!!!!

Almost forty years ago, I made a small "walker" and carved a pine "Thunderchild" after reading the book. Every movie adaptation has been an anachronistic disapointment, so far, and I'm sure Speilberg's will be no different.

Two tickets for the Hine's version, please...... :poke:

I would underestimate Spielberg, the more I hear of it, it's a close, modern, adaptation of the source, and not another Independence Day.

I mean look at the abduction scene from "Close Encounters." Those aliens were good and that scence still creeps the heck out of me!

Oh and I think the Hines version is going to hit in US theaters, and on DVD.