Sign in to follow this  
abngi

A Warlord event at Origins

Unless I misunderstood the Origins website, I have 5 days to submit a Warlord event. If there are enough people interested, I will drag terrain across 12 time zones to set something up, and will provide prize support.

The question becomes "what type of event would be preferred?" I will describe the options in subsequent posts for ease of discussion - in a couple days, I will ask a mod to post a poll.

Unexpected Allies.

Each player brings a 500 point force, and you play with a different partner each round. The tournament organizer can play the extra slot to make an even number of players (since his partner can assume control if he needs to step aside for a ruling), with one game played one-on-one if there are not sets of four. Players can choose their partner for the first round - this helps to prevent out-of-towners from playing against each other in the first round. Pairings are otherwise random, keeping track of win/loss and margin of victory (how many more points you scored than your opponent) to resolve ties in the final standings.

Turning the Tables.

500-point forces are used, but in each round except the final players trade army lists with their opponent, so they use each other's force. Prizes for first place, best painted, and popular army (balanced and fun to play with/against).

The Gauntlet

Players fight through a pre-set series of encounters against the organizer, starting each scenario with the survivors from the previous one. The player who makes it farthest wins.

I would be up for any except "Turning the Tables". I don't like people touching my stuff> :grr:

Anyway, I'll be there no matter what with my undead pirates. All I want is a game table and a game to play her by....er on. Man that sounded a lot better in my head.

Although they are good ideas I also think I will just end up playing at the Reaper Tables. Now in some free time I may end up smashing some skulls at a 3rd party table, but I usually don't have the free time.

The events sound intresting, but how much fun is it to play when you don't know who your ally is, it will just end up as a FFA and changing armies will make people care less about their forces.