Sign in to follow this  
:0)

WORST five movies!

It is far more difficult to single out five bad movies among all of the horrible movies, than it is to remember five good ones from the same cesspool that hollywood throws at us.

Most Disappointing:

Highlander II

I was really hyped for that one after seeing the first. I learned about sequels that day...

Oh, and Dark City was the only movie I ever went to where I actually fell asleep in the theater. Like Snoring in the seat asleep.

How the heck could I forget Armageddon? That is my least favorite movie of all time. Even the countdown numbers for the space shuttle sound like they're exploding everytime they change.

I can only add 1 to the list as I try not to go to the movies anymore and rarely watch TV. My pick is "AI" . This movie not only put me to sleep in the theater but the 5 friends I was with at the time, as well. The only one that was able to stay awake was my wife and she hated the movie from the opening.

Hm. Things that make me go *hurl*...

Bowling for Columbine

Beavis & Butthead Do America

Fahrenheit 9/11

Highlander 2

Alien 3

Anything and everything of the 'Legally Blonde / Dumb and Dumber / et multiple nauseating cetera' genre

Mansquito

Star Wars: The Phanton Menace

I could go on.

Okay,

I've got to add my $.02 to this little list and I have some true stinkers

The Grudge: I think the only ones scared by this movie were the ones who realized they had just paid money to see it.

Hush: What was it about? I saw it and still don't know.

The Dungeon and Dragons Movie: Someone should have sent the person who wrote that monstrosity a copy of the D&D players handbook instead of Star Wars videos.

From Dusk till Dawn 2: Pure garbage.

Godzilla(The Matthew Broderick one): Had these people even heard of Godzilla before? I'm suprised the Japanese didn't declare war on the US for this insult.

William

:blues:

I also liked Howard the Duck.

Ones I hated,

Highlander 2 and 4

Those Leslie Neilson send ups of spy movies. Can't remember the names of any of them

I agree on Leonard Part 6

Star Wars 1 and 2

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I know there are more, just can't come up with them.

Those Leslie Neilson send ups of spy movies.  Can't remember the names of any of them

Spy Hard. Don't forget the Naked Gun series of cop movie spoofs. The Hot Shots movies were in much the same vein as well.

You know, there is crap that is mindless blow-em-up movies, low budget stinkers, plain old kitsch, and mindless movie of the week but I still think the real stinkers are the big budget stuff that sucks.

Titanic - waaayy overhyped. It just wasn't that good. Heck, I was rooting for the iceberg, chanting "sink, sink, sink" by the end. If I'd been in a theatre, the frenzied mobo of teenage girls would have killed me for it.

Highlander 2 - The Sickening. There should have been only one.

Higher Learning - I like some of Spike Lee's stuff, but this one was so full of stereotypes and it bludgened you with it's overt message. Could have been a good film, but it missed it by a huge mark

Gads - I know that they are more, but I have mercifully blanked them out. When you work a couple years in a movie theatre, you see a lot of bad moveis, and if you're lucky, a couple good ones.

spike lees stuff stereo typed no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Predator 1 and 2?  How can they rank in your bottom 5?
One has Ah-nuld (and Jesse Ventura)

Answered your own question, silly. ::P: The second didn't impress me.

i agree with 2 but as a once upon a time bodybuilder arnolds movies arnt about a great plot there about action i guess growing up in the 80s prob does help

The Dark-1979- Only redeeming feature is a claymation alien knocking a claymation redneck's head off.

Breakthrough- A horrendous rip-off of characters from Peckinpaugh's "Cross of Iron", includes five wonderful minutes of battle footage, filmed by the master BEFORE the hacks at the studio fired him!

Midway/Pearl Harbor-proof that disasters are cyclical.

The Dunwich Horror-until you've seen Dean Stockwell put his fists to his head like horns, and in a monotone, invoke "Yog-Sothoth", you haven't seen bad cinema.

Twin Peaks-Fire Walk with Me- A chance for David Lynch to wrap up the weirdest series in TV history, and instead the auteur delivers a nightmare of brutality and perverse imagery.....more a major disapointment, than disaster.