• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to a 24 hour sci fi movie marathon so I saw some stinkers

Fire maidens from outer space-so bad it makes your teeth hurt

Journey to the center of the Earth-just bad

The Apple-If anyone suggests to you to see this film, hit them square in the face, HARD!!!

After that

Meet the Feebles-directed by Peter Jackson, I have no idea how anyone let him get near a camara after this.

Gods and Generals-It was an OK book that was made into a bad movie. It's all really bad monologes.

I could go on but then i'm ranting

hmmmm...

Quite a few of my favorite movies have been mentioned by others in this thread.... so my picks are probably useless to you all....

Worst Movies Ever

Solaris - The newer George Clooney one - wooOOooo.. look how deep and philosophical of a director I am.... wooOoooOooo... you keep watching this boring crap because you know it is pretentious... WoooOOooOoooOoOo.... Why doesn't something with sharp teeth and claws come along and decapitate the entire goddom cast!!!!

Eyes Wide Shut - Even nipples get boring after a while.

Ready to Rumble - I like wrestling. I like bad movies. I like cheesy dialog. This movie made me want to kill everyone in it. Quite possibly the worst cross-promotional marketing effort of all time.

King of the Kick Boxers - I really like this movie. It has Billy Blanks in it and some good martial arts. It also has the worst acting in the history of kung-fu movies. Bad enough plot/character/dialog to be the worst movie i ever paid money for. I stilll like it though.

Blair Witch / The Grudge - Not original picks... but yeah... not scary... at all... I'm thinking city folks find the woods and pale skinned children scary... I'd put the Ring down here too... but frankly... that pale kid scared the bejezus out of me...

Bunny "I've seen Event Horizon 100 times and think you are all nuts"Puncher

To add a couple more:

Lionheart, with Van Damme. I walked out of a $1.00 theater on that one. It was seriously that bad.

Rumble In Hong Kong. Jackie Chan. I love Jackie Chan. I think he's funny, cool, and good. RiHK was just really really bad. Jackie Chan with a gigantic mole on his face. :blink:

I think Blair Witch is a gimmie in the bad movies department, but along with those I have to put anything with M. Night Shyamalan. Ugh. Nasty movies. Signs sucked large, hairy, gorilla balls. The Sixth Sense was worse than A Knight's Tale (which is horrifically horrid, I'd rather sit through another showing of House of the Seven Corpses).

There are just so many bad movies out there, it's sad.

Sergei-

Journey to the center of the Earth-

Seriously? The old James Mason one? I love that movie!

BunnyPuncher-

Solaris - The newer George Clooney one - wooOOooo.. look how deep and philosophical of a director I am.... wooOoooOooo... you keep watching this boring crap because you know it is pretentious... WoooOOooOoooOoOo.... Why doesn't something with sharp teeth and claws come along and decapitate the entire goddom cast!!!!

So true. The inside of the space capsule was nifty though.

Sergei-

Journey to the center of the Earth-

Seriously? The old James Mason one? I love that movie!

Oh, I can see where you would like the cheese factor, and a babe in leather showing off clevage is always nice. But come on, it's a stinker, with really bad wire work and "specal effects".

But if you did enjoy it you would have liked the last film they showed, "The First Men In the Moon". I left before they showed it. I'd seen it before and I had already seen 22 hours of films. The film was a sequal of sorts with the same two characters going to the moon.

I agree: Event Horizon stank. Wasn't very scary and the SF elements couldn't hold it up. Even the basic premise was really lame IMHO (i.e. a Black Hole being a gateway to Hell or something). If you know an inkling of science or astrophysics, the whole thing falls apart in little time...

Damon.