Warlord Dwarves (four pics)

Mengu

I finished these quite some time ago, but have not had good weather to seal them and take pictures until now. Bases were not done per request. They will all get the same treatment, when they meet the rest of their brethren. This was approximately a 67 hour project for me (15 days) from bare metal to what you see now, 25 dwarves in all. I know many of you veterans will tell me how I should have been able to paint 67 dwarves in 67 hours, alas I'm slow (if anyone is interested in knowing what stage took how long, I'd be willing to share it since I actually kept track).

I'll start with the picture of leaders, elites, and solos.

post-4-1112766536.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. To answer a couple questions...

As Cher mentioned, they are for Reaper, and will get good use at the summer Cons.

And it wasn't all that long of a project (comparitively speaking). I like painting, and these were a joy to paint. Let alone swearing off painting armies, I haven't even sworn off painting dwarves. I'll paint an army of them for myself after the summer Con madness (though I probably won't use blue on them for mine, just to be different). 'Till then I have crusaders to work on.

Do you plan on doing any basing or are your keeping the unadorned black?

For gaming, I think the plain black base can look fine. That way, you don't have a mini with a grass base standing on a stone battlefield, or other inconsistancy. The only think that would bother me would be the little gaps where the slots go, but I'm strange and picky like that. You could always fill with putty and paint smooth black over top if you were so inclined.

Now, I must say, that is one impressive army of dwarves. Great paint jobs. Everything looks great together and the models are each impressive on their own. Very cool color schemes. It's just altogether impressive. How much time was vested into this project? Were these speedpaints or line paints? The quality looks like you would have had to spends tons of time on each one.