Reaper Ogre

72moonglum

The skin tone started out as mudstone, then down to dark burnt umber. After that, I highlighted once again with mudstone, then went up to an ivory color then white. The total number of layers of color was probably from mudstone to dark burnt umber five and then ivory and white, so seven different gradations. It's a pretty large figure. In total the whole thing probably took around 12 hours because I'm pretty slow. I also accidentally slipped with this one and a paint brush full of black paint went crashing into the back of his head! That kind of bit. My next figures are going to be far more simple and less time consuming. I just did a Ral Partha succubus that was only skin, hair, face and a cloth draped around her. It only took three hours.

Giving the club feet and arms would be a hilarious idea!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Gantrell said:

oh wow. this is gorgeous, Those skin tones are gorgeous and the club is great!. love the tiki face on it.

Wow, thanks so much, glad you like this one!   This is actually something I painted over 17 years ago, which is kind of crazy to think I've been alive and on the Reaper forums almost for 18 years come this December. This was when I was still using 100% craft paint not too long after I'd gotten back into the hobby after a17-18 year hiatus.  He still sits happily in my display case.

• Like 4