Sign in to follow this  
Hexxenhammer

Starship Troopers?

I see Mongoose is finally releasing Starship Troopers. Anyone going to pick it up?

I'm not, but I'd for sure demo it at Gen Con or somewhere. The minis look plenty cool.

For full disclosure, I love the book and also love the movie inspite of, nay, because of, the changes. The cartoon, which really seems to be the biggest inspiration for the MI minis was pretty dang good for a cartoon.

Not to say I wasn't disappointed when I heard that this wasn't going to be straight out of the book with everyone in power armor and such, but I understand the reasoning.

I had a lot of interest for this, oh six months ago when it was supposed to originally come out.

Now, If the FLGS gets any in, I'll probably pick up at least a starter set to check it out.

I've already signed up for the starter box, and I've worked out my first 2000 points of army.

While I like the book, and I don't mind the films, I'm getting into this system for 1 reason.....

... someone finally figured out how to make battle armour in a wargame!!!

*does happy dance of joy*

I enjoyed the animated series - so this is extra sweet. Sadly, it was marketed at the "Tweens" which is a rough demographic to work for - but still... it was pretty cool.

When the big media companies finally wake up and realize that there are adults who would be ecstatic about seeing a well-made, dramtic animated series, there will be much joy in Geekdom.

And I've got an app in for Mongoose to be a demo rep for them, too.

If I enjoy the game, I'll probably do that as well, since I use a reasonable amount of their D20 stuff and their B5 games are kick arse too!

I thought about doing some demos too, but it's just a matter of time. Reaper will always be my first love and I jsut don't have time to demo that many games. ::):

I'm back and forth on this one. I'm not that interested in the bugs or the marines, since painting would be my reeason for buying. The skinnies and the bigger suits though...

I really am hoping it does well.