Sign in to follow this  
Hexxenhammer

Starship Troopers?

:huh:

Are there really markings like that and I haven't just noticed them before!?

IIRC, there are little tabs with dots on them. It's fairly small when assembled, and the top tabs fold over and get glued down, then glue the base to the walls, and assemble the lower skirt. I think.

So yeah... I sat down last night and put it together... I was three quarters of the way done when I realized how it was SUPPOSED to go together, which was not the way I was putting it together. :rolleyes: I just finished doing it the way I was and once it was all "together" I reverse engineered it and now have a pretty good idea of how things are supposed to fold, etc. The next one (if there is a next one) should be a lot easier.

Narv!

Skinnie Leader of Slaves:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/det...98&qsSeries=26#

The face is supposed to be a mask, so that's almost forgivable, since the rest of the mini is ok. But ten bucks? Pass.

I think I'll substitue Eldar for the rest of the skinnies.

Eh... probably pass. I'm not really feeling the Skinnies as models or as a faction. When did this whole Slave Society come about?? Is that an SST CGI storyline?

On the upside I just picked up a brand new, still in the box M9C Bigfoot for a grand total of $23.25 (w/ shipping) AND a brand new, still in the box Brain Bug for $13.05 (w/ shipping) on Ebay. Woot friggin' Woot! :B):

Narv!

Skinnie Leader of Slaves:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/det...98&qsSeries=26#

The face is supposed to be a mask, so that's almost forgivable, since the rest of the mini is ok. But ten bucks? Pass.

I think I'll substitue Eldar for the rest of the skinnies.

Eh... probably pass. I'm not really feeling the Skinnies as models or as a faction. When did this whole Slave Society come about?? Is that an SST CGI storyline?

On the upside I just picked up a brand new, still in the box M9C Bigfoot for a grand total of $23.25 (w/ shipping) AND a brand new, still in the box Brain Bug for $13.05 (w/ shipping) on Ebay. Woot friggin' Woot! :B):

Gosh, how do I keep missing these cheap deals on ebay?

Only nine more skinny units to go, wanna take bets on how bad they'll turn out?

The designs of the two speed bikes already suck, and based on the venerables, the guard and general are going to be awful. That leaves Brutes, Cabal, tawn riders, and slaves.

Oh and based on the Leader, slaves are going to be naff too.

Only nine more skinny units to go, wanna take bets on how bad they'll turn out?

The designs of the two speed bikes already suck, and based on the venerables, the guard and general are going to be awful. That leaves Brutes, Cabal, tawn riders, and slaves.

Oh and based on the Leader, slaves are going to be naff too.

You don't like the Venerables?

I think the Raiders, Venerables, Lord and Skinnie Soldiers are Ok. The rest of the Skinnie stuff is pretty blah... Seems like there are a lot of people who are not satisfied by the whole Skinnie race period. (Where are pics for the Skinnie bikes?)

I can't judge to much though, besides maybe a unit of Skinnie soldiers or Venerables I doubt I'll ever use/buy Skinnies.

Gosh, how do I keep missing these cheap deals on ebay?

There is a brand new box set of the game going for $12.50 right now... Of course the listing still has a long time to go before it expires but... $12.50 with no reserve!? That's crazy! :blink:

The speeder bikes are pictured in the army book, I find the designs unispiring at best.

However, the soldiers are fantastic, and another excellent value from Mongoose.

Whew, the speeders don't look half bad:

sstspeederpre.jpg

sstheavyspeederpre.jpg

Not so keen on the gaurd:

sstskinnieguardsbattle.jpg

Actually, I think they look pretty good. Imagine them with the same paint job as the soldiers.

I agree... minus the jeweled knife banner thing attached to their backs. (what exactly are those??)

The vehicle looks nice, but I can't bring myself to like the minis in it.

LOL... I like the figs, I think the vehicles are blah. Generic '50's style Buck Rogers has never done it for me.

The "generic-ness" of the vehicle is why I like it. A little conversion here and there and it could be used for just about anything.