Sign in to follow this  
Hexxenhammer

Starship Troopers?

Actually, I think they look pretty good. Imagine them with the same paint job as the soldiers.

I agree... minus the jeweled knife banner thing attached to their backs. (what exactly are those??)

It's a shock stick, and it's way too chunky.

A box each of the exo's arrived today.

They're awesome. It's not often I have nothign bad to say about a mini.

Hey all, I'm back. Finally got internet in the new apartment out here in this place they call the real world.

The elite guard look mighty goofy, but I think they would've looked better if the helmets weren't so elongated. If you have the Skinnie book, compare the picture to the mini. There's a big difference.

I like the guard though. I was hoping those would look like the book.

Hey all, I'm back. Finally got internet in the new apartment out here in this place they call the real world.

The elite guard look mighty goofy, but I think they would've looked better if the helmets weren't so elongated. If you have the Skinnie book, compare the picture to the mini. There's a big difference.

I like the guard though. I was hoping those would look like the book.

The skinnies are a mess, there's no two ways about it. Five fingers? Four? Three? Who knows? Eyes, nose, body? All variable. Breath o2? Methane? Human slaves breathe methane? Apart from T'Phai, is there a single named character in the skinny book? Any compelling background?

Compare the MI or the Arachnid army book to the skinny book, it's just not up to even Mongoose usual standard.

It's apparent to me that Mongoose didn't really have the heart to do the skinnies right, and I think the overall lousy models reflect this.

Folth models look neat though.

Wasn't defending them, just pointing it out. I agree that the Skinnies are mostly subpar with a few exceptions (Soldiers, Guard, Tyrant, and the Prototype Raiders). What can I say? Unless the models look truly terrible (Leader of Slaves), it doesn't effect me too much.

I think they explained part of the reason of the problems with the Skinnies, it's a pretty convoluted chain of command from artist to sculptor to Sony back to sculptor and so on.

But either way, there's much room for improvement.

Skinnies, Shminnies.

Give me the Forth.

forth_3.jpg

forth_2.jpg

forth_1.jpg

Coming this September to a bug hole near you...

Also, the Army Builder 3.1c files for Starship Troopers finally showed up in the updater today.

I haven't touched the skinnies, but the Files for MI and Bugs look pretty solid.

And I like both the sculpts, but I think the spider-mecha would look much better with a more dynamic pose. Right now it looks like it's scurrying for cover as oppsed to being a menacing alien battlepod. Hopefully the kit will allow for something other than a ground-supported stance.

I was preparing to sell off my skinnies, and to make a playable militia unit, I went to buy a box of the new metal militia, surprise surprise, they're not bad.

So I'll hang onto skinnies and sell off most of my bugs, they take up too much space for a game I never play, and I don't like my paintjobs.

Oh and anyone else think the Forth are going to be expensive as heck?

I got a box of light infantry - the pictures don't do them justice. They are kinda nice, and fairly cheap at a little over $1 for a metal figure.

I don't think the Forth will be too pricey.

Their smallest models are going to be size 2, and they'll have guns, unlike the Warrior Bugs, so their points cost won't be ludicrously low.