Sign in to follow this  
Hexxenhammer

Starship Troopers?

So much for their claims of continued support of the older game with the original models.

I didn't think I had much respect left for Mongoose that I could lose, and then WHAM!

Yeah, but the plastic are the cheapest way to get lots of troops, and the most popular models.

Warrior Bugs?

Tankers?

Plasma Bugs?

Cap Troopers?

Basic Skinnies?

All gone in favor of the more expensive prepaints.

Yeah, but the plastic are the cheapest way to get lots of troops, and the most popular models.

Warrior Bugs?

Tankers?

Plasma Bugs?

Cap Troopers?

Basic Skinnies?

All gone in favor of the more expensive prepaints.

SST is dead as vaudville. SST Evo may do well, since it sounds like there are plenty of customers willing to bend over and take the lousy quality and price on the BF:E minis.

Edit: Also, that Warstore sale never really materialized.

*sidles in*

Ya know, I couldn't help hearing someone say something about a line being dropped.

Butchaknow, ya don't have to keep taking it. And you don't have to sell your beloved models either!

Those days are over!

What am I talking about, you ask? Why, I'm talking about porting your miniatures over to a tip-top, flexible and highly enjoyable game where you can stat 'em as you like 'em and play 'em how you want!

That's right, brothers and sisters!

I'm talking about DEFIANCE!

Can I get an "AMEN?"

Ah, come on. If I hadn't, you'd'a' wondered why!

Just don't try to build the exosuits exactly as they are in SST. It can't be done. They have to be built as vehicles, not infantry.

Which bugs me alot. I really like Defiance otherwise.

Yeah, there is that. You really can't make a jumping flying heavilly armoured weapons platform infantryman. But if you get on the forum it's 87% likely Demian will tell you either why that breaks the points system, or how it could be done if you really want to.

However, you can make a light jumping vehicle that acts exactly like an infantryman, so.....

The last signs and portents just previewed A Call to Arms 2.0

Kinda weird, since the game has had at least three version already?

Yeah, there is that. You really can't make a jumping flying heavilly armoured weapons platform infantryman. But if you get on the forum it's 87% likely Demian will tell you either why that breaks the points system, or how it could be done if you really want to.

However, you can make a light jumping vehicle that acts exactly like an infantryman, so.....

Don't forget the dropping in from orbit, bounding around dropping a few nukes and then bouncing out.

That is loads of fun for wargaming. :)

Turn one.. I drop in with a suit and nuke a 8'x8' table section. Everything dies except for me as I bounce out. Game over, I win.

I never really got into SST -- was into GW stuff. What happened to Mongoose and the SST game line?

And defiance looks fairly interesting...

M.

Dead as vaudville.

Sorry for the bitter. The office is hot and I'm babysitting a server install.

I'm kind of glad the I never got into SST. Battlefield Evolution is a fun one but it does require not listening to Mongoose's clarification of the rules and use some house rules of your own so that gameplay flows a little more logical. Other than that its a blast.

It's fun, but if I want to play with more than like 10 guys I'm gonna have to have a kid so that I can sell it into slavery. It also lacks some detail that would be appreciated, like what happens when I drive my tank through a building? You're definately right in that it requires a poop load of house rules.

And SST evo still won't be able to replicate the "bounce in, bounce out" that can be found in the novel.