Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

Kind of an extension of the topic asking about new models in the General Reaper forum, what types of Warlord specific models/units would you like to see appear for each faction? What sort of Abilities and power levels would you associate to them?

Just for fun

I'll start it off, I have alot of ideas I think would be pretty fun to see.

Dwarves:

I'd really like to see some sort of Earth/Gem/Ore type Elemental, whether it is a large solo model or a unit of small elementals (adepts), in fact I think it would be pretty cool to make them adepts, as that would set them apart from the upcoming 'Grave Horror'. Give them burrow, beast, and tough/2, and make them Slow, with High DV, and low MAV.

Elves:

I'd love to see a couple Solo Models with a Druidic type feel. I have two ideas, one a Solitaire riding an exotic woodland Mount (I'm think Elk, Caribou, Stag, or Moose here), with mid-level Clerical abilities, and a high move (around 12).

Alternatively I'd love to see some sort of character with a affinity for leading beasts (wolves perhaps), into battle (whether the model would be actually an Elf wouldn't matter). Maybe the Introduction of a 'Beastmaster' Ability that allows a leader to lead troop types with the Beast descriptor (it would actually work well applied to the Elemental Adepts idea I put forward for the Dwarves).

Necropolis:

I'll not make too much fuss as the faction book is coming soon, but I think there will be opportunities to expand even further. For example Reaper might decide to include a Necropolis character in the Crusader book along with some new fluff text or whatnot (perhaps under the chapter heading 'Enemies of the Crusade' or something). Anyway, just an idea.

I'm pretty happy with what I see coming out for these guys.

Reven:

Man do I ever want to see some type of Goblin Cavalry, and as of late I've really been liking the idea of putting Goblins onto a noble looking Beast. What about Goblins mounted on War Dogs (Doberman, Boxer, Mastiff, Akita or something nice looking like that)? I think that would really set the Warlord Goblins apart from savage Wolf Rider types. Anyway, just an idea. I'm very partial to Goblins, and I hope to see at the very least a quality Golbin Captain that I can use to build a 'Goblin Only' army with.

Oh, and who doesn't want to be able to field a unit of Ogre Adepts?

Reptus:

You know, all I can think of off the top of my head for the Reptus is the notion of a Krungbeat Rider, wouldn't that be sweet :)

Crusaders:

I'd like to see some sort of cheap militia type fanatic models (along the lines of bondslaves in ability). I think it would add flavor to them (showing how they have rallied people to their side), although I think it might end up being uncharacteristic of them, because more than likely people would just use them as a walking shield for their good troops (and that isn't very Crusader like is it). Perhaps there is some way to get around that.

Anyway, keep in mind this is just for fun. Post whatever comes to your mind. More of a brain storming session with respect to the direction you'd like to see the game go.

All the units I listed above are pretty gimmicky I suppose, when it comes down to it I generally like my fantasy games to field mostly 'normal' troops with a few wierd and wonderful things (I don't like to see the wierd and wonderful totaly dominate the battlefield every game). So don't think I just want all these crazy things ::D:

Reven:

Man do I ever want to see some type of Goblin Cavalry, and as of late I've really been liking the idea of putting Goblins onto a noble looking Beast.  What about Goblins mounted on War Dogs (Doberman, Boxer, Mastiff, Akita or something nice looking like that)?  I think that would really set the Warlord Goblins apart from savage Wolf Rider types.  Anyway, just an idea.  I'm very partial to Goblins, and I hope to see at the very least a quality Golbin Captain that I can use to build a 'Goblin Only' army with.

Oh, and who doesn't want to be able to field a unit of Ogre Adepts?

I'd swear, you've been reading my mind.

Or are you peeking through my window while I scribble mad plans for Goblin domination of Taltos.

Muah Hah Hah HAAAAA

:devil:

The other thing I think would be cool would be to see a Hill Giant Solo monster.

Oh, and maybe some Kobolds so the Goblins have someone to kick around too.

Maybe some Bugbear or Hobgoblin Shock Troops as Adepts. Basically a slightly tougher, and more expensive version of the basic grunts.

A beastmaster with a Chained cave bear

Since they Reven have the flavor of the Mongol tribes, some mounted archers and swordsmen would be rather nice too.

Since they Reven have the flavor of the Mongol tribes, some mounted archers and swordsmen would be rather nice too.

I agree, horse mounted Orcs would be sweet. I think it would really set the Warlord game apart from others that have 'dumb' brute force Orcs riding around on Bears and Wolves. I see Warlord Orcs as being martially skilled and having a very well developed society.

I have to say, I love the idea of an elf on a Moose. Properly proportioned, a Moose would be one of the biggest models on the field, and that would just be awesome... Never even occurred to me before.

I was toying with adding an "Angry Villager" unit of adepts to the Crusader list. Have a Rabble Rouser sergeant leader for them with Mob/10. Maybe an Elite Barkeep (Innate Bless?) or an Elite Blacksmith just to crack some skulls better than the rest of 'em. I don't know that you'd have to make new models though, I have all the Villager sets from Dark Heaven and could do it just fine that way...

I'd also like to see some Amazon types for Grundor Hoardtaker to lead. Have his own little coterie of concubines... Heh. My girlfriend didn't like that idea for some reason. And since she's the one painting the mercenaries maybe that's best left alone.

Maybe a Unicorn/Unicorn Rider for the Elves or Crusaders?

Speaking of which, as knightly as the Crusaders are they could really use a mounted knight model. But I'm sure that's in the works...

Sorry, I was just going off the top of my head hoping to jumpstart a brainstorming session, I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to see relating to the overlords, Darkspawn, and Nefsokar.

I know I want the Darkspawn to have demon shock troops, maybe several different types (maybe flyer/ranger light air support as well, perhaps mobile archers), and I'd love to see more Demonic power houses like Rauthuros, but with different takes on them. Perhaps one that is less melee oriented, and more of a spell caster (3/12 Mage or Cleric with Defensive Casting, and a higher CP 7 or 8).

Overlords could have a multitude of possibilities, for some reason the recent 'Dune' discussion made me think I'd like a Lynch style Greasy Fat Baron Haarkonen slaver/leader type in competition with Ashkrypt(Maybe based off of the 2727: Swine Prince & Slave model). I'd like to see perhaps an entire race under near total enslavement (what if the Overlords had conquered and enslaved nearly all the Gnomes in Taltos or something like that). The one thing I'd like to see limited is the Malvernis, put 2 or 3 things in the faction book to acknowledge their presence, but I'd rather see the Malvernis with their own faction book if they eventually come full force into the region (plus it would open up alot of other doors for other forces to become involved).

Nefsokar, I dunno, I really can't comment on them much. What about a Sphinx? ANd I know I want to see more variations on the Walking Avatar, since there should be ones relating to the other 'old Hkirian kingdom' dieties. What about Rangers riding giant Rhino Beetles so something.

Animals played an important role in every aspect of ancient Egyptian culture. Ancient Egyptians believed that the world was inhabited by all manner of powers and forces and this unseen world could in some way be made manifest by the behaviour and characteristics of living creatures. Thus ancient Egyptian deities could take the form of animals which were considered to be the earthly manifestation of a god or goddess.

The most promenant was the cat. They also mumified many cats too. They could be big or small for Nefsokar. Mummied or not. The same with dogs, Birds, Crocodiles, bulls and baboons.

So for the Egyptian feel of Nefsokar they could have animated statues or mummies of animals.

So for the Egyptian feel of Nefsokar they could have animated statues or mummies of animals.

Cats in bandages wielding Khopesh, riding on the back of Crocodiles!

I think it would be pretty neat if there was a three pack released, and in a nut shell, it was three female figures (warrior, breaker, and archer) to be inserted into each army.

Actually, all I really want to see are more dwarves. Get the Shieldmaidens and the Halbadiers out, some new poses for the grunts and some cool generic sergeants and captains and I would be happy. If I really got pressed for a new unit it would have to be some kind of berserker (which was hinted at in the rulebook) and more bear cavalry that can be used as a unit and not a solo.

Adding to the Reven being a developed society, the fluff makes them sound VERY mongolian. The mongolians have a rich society that would be great to see more of in the Reven.

I would love to see a few Reven on horses, with fur lined mongolian caps, etc, etc.

And of course more dwarves.

How about a Crusader hero with a defense of 11 and deflect....all of the heroes have lower defense than the templars...

Goblin spearmen with mob would be awesome.

some ghouls for Necropolis, but not the goofy, cowardly WFB ones. More of the coniving, vicious, flesh-hunting ones.

some merc cavalry. Not heavy cavalry, but light/outrider type.

An Ogre captain, and ogre adepts would be awesome.

How about Lupine archers with composite bows, and a Lupine Sergeant?

For Overlords, i would like to see a a Bathalian/Ilithid unit and character...

I was thinking about this last night as well, although I was thinking more of a Captain+Mage with the mob ability as opposed to a whole unit of them. I associated them more with the Darkspawn, but your suggestiong to make them part of the Overlords makes alot of sense as well.