Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

I can't really see them fitting with the Overlords, or to be honest, any of the factions. I suppose they could be worked with any of the evil factions, but they just don't seem to jump out and scream...Put me here!!!

Mercs perhaps?

With regard to the Illithids

Overlords: I see them fitting in here as slavers, Illithids in a D&D setting base the entire foundation of their society on the backbone of slaves, more so than any other race in a classic D&D setting. So I see it as being entirely possible for a Unique LEader or hero to fit in here, having bargained it's services in exchange for slaves, or as one of rival slavers in the hierarchy of the Overlords. I think the idea of them shuking off damage to bondslaves, ala Overlord special ability, would really suite how I percieve their character.

Darkspawn: Illithids are in my opinion perhaps the most evil insidious race I've even known in any RPG setting, so them aligning themselves with the most evil faction in the game seems dead on for me. I can think of a few D&D sources in which they align themselves with Dark Elves, so I see a link there.

That all being said, Warlord isn't a classic D&D stereotype, so they could probably align themselves with any Evil or Neutral race.

I'd really like to see them, even if it was simply as a single Hero, Leader, or Solo.

For the necropolis - I'm all for bonier type heros and leaders. I'm fairly excited about the new batch of models. I'm all for fielding a fully skeletal force.

I also like the idea of being able to field a fleshy necropolis force with Vampires, chattel, maybe bats and beasies, zombies and zombie beasties.. etc.

For the Nefsokar - I love all the mummies and stuff, but I'm also intregued by the human element of the force. It would be cool to see a sub-army, like maybe a desert dwelling tribe. There are already herdsmen and rangers, add a few more troop types and voila! You can feel a fully living nefoskar army (Like maybe decendants of the kings etc)

Overlords - I like going route of decadance and depravity for these guys. Take everything wrong with the roman empire, and magnify it ;) A fat barron harkonnen type would be brilliant!

Darkspawn - I'd love to see these split along the lines of the dark-elves and a demonic force with choices for each (but mostly demonic forces) You always need a healthy force of demons and what not to terrorize the land.

I'd love to see some Overlord Adepts, and perhaps another solo.

But more than anything else, I want a low-level cleric. I love Balthon, but he's pricy. If I just had a cleric 1/4 or 2/4 for ~45 points, I'd bring him every game.

It would be nice if there was someone, anyone, for the elves with a decent DV. There's just NO staying power with that faction.

PS

It would be nice if there was someone, anyone, for the elves with a decent DV. There's just NO staying power with that faction.

If the Elves had units with alot of staying power then the Elves would become broken unless the units were expensive.

Now an expensive Elven unit maybe adept-Harriers, Good at melee and ranged combat with a decent DV.

Lately I've been finding myself seduced by them Dimspittle bunch... mainly do to the lower skill lvl of painting required <_< . But I'd also like to see them get so cheaper warrior grunts. Perhaps some Ivy Crown Footmen, (using the generic warrior data card as a basis) give them an extra point to their MD (which is the trend with the Crusaders) and give them the ranger SA (to fit with their archer counterparts). As long as they're around 22 pts they would serve nicely as a first strike troop. Of course they'd also need neither a Captain or a sgt (preferrable both) with the ranger SA.

Also I'd like to see a capt./cleric model. Team him up with Valandil for a mean (but expensive) magic heavy troop. On that note, perhaps Valandil could use an apprentice, you know, someone he could send out in his place so he could continue his studies. Something along the lines of mage 2/6 with the reach SA (somebody like Eredain).

For an alternate warlord the crusaders could use a lower costing high priestess (cleric 3/9)

And the Dwarves definately need an Earth elemental solo. And of course even more hot dwarven chicks :wub:

The elves could really benefit from a stronger melee grunts (even another group of adepts). Perhaps the high elves finally send a group of elven knights to aid Taltos. They also need an arcana archer type, simular to Niriodel but with a mage bent to her.

The darkspawn... I could see them getting something like blood imp warriors. Short nasty adepts with the small SA and mob. Of course they'd also would need a leader with mob SA <_<

O'lords... slave master adepts... with wipes and the SA shock (or something simular) and reach

Nefsokar... more human grunts like the rangers and the herders

Reven... more gobbies

Reptus... not really too sure...

Necros... not really sure what more would work with them... never been a fan of the undead.

Mercs... well outside of more bladesister troops. Halfling Slinger... for that crossdresser Dingo.

Overall just more halflings

THat being said, the older bathalians are pretty dated looked to me. I'd prefer thinner bonier more gothic and sinister looking models. More Alien/Abberation looking, rather than just a robed human with a squid head. I'd love to see Chaz Elliot or Werner Klocke given the chore.

Felines as a merc unit would be pretty cool, or as part of the Nefsokar forces, either would work for me. I too like this idea. Although I suppose one could incorporate the recent models from the Dark Heaven line using generics.