Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

Nefsokar, hmm, Chariots, a unit of jackals, swarms of bettles, slingers, mounted desert nomads.

Camels are always an option as well.

Sand elemental.

Mini's for the mummies that don't look shambling. I'd like to see a rigid form with shields held fast, swords/Khapesh held upright. Think the Mummy or Mummy Returns, they looked regimental, no mini manufacturer makes the mummies look regimental, they all look like they are doing some wierd jitterbug. I'd really dig the Tomb Guard or Anubis guard getting a more rigid formal look. I like the mini's now, but I think there could be some improverment.

Nefsokar, hmm, Chariots, a unit of jackals, swarms of bettles, slingers, mounted desert nomads.

Camels are always an option as well.

Sand elemental.

Mini's for the mummies that don't look shambling.  I'd like to see a rigid form with shields held fast, swords/Khapesh held upright. Think the Mummy or Mummy Returns, they looked regimental, no mini manufacturer makes the mummies look regimental, they all look like they are doing some wierd jitterbug.  I'd really dig the Tomb Guard or Anubis guard getting a more rigid formal look.  I like the mini's now, but I think there could be some improverment.

Actually Crocodile Games' Mummy Warrior unit has a very regimented look and feel. Actually even their Horde Mummy unit has a more regimented feel than most other brands.

Ok, surely we can brainstorm a little better than this ::D:

I mean I love the direction that Reaper seems to be going with Warlord, but since we have the ear of the the Reaper Lads and Ladies why take advantage of it and give them more input.

What they do with it is entirely up to to them, but at least we can offer up a bunch of ideas for them to consider. Even if they've thought of 90% of them already, if we outline even a few things that they hadn't considered I think we'll have made an honest contribution to the game, whether such things become official of not.

A few more ideas:

Elves:

I'd like to see some sort of Forest Drake/Small Dragon rider perhaps. Some sort of viscious looking Forest Sprites (Like the Freebooter Fairy).

Reven:

An Ettin would be pretty cool, even crazier might be an Ettin that has a Spellcaster head, and a Melee type head.

Nefsokar:

A powerful Genie character, while it doesn't fit with the Egyptian theme, it works with the Desert Nomad theme. Armored Camel Riders. A Were-Crocodile or Were-Hyena empowered by the old Hikirian gods. For that matter I'd like to see more influence of the entire old Hikirian pantheon, rather than just Sokar (who obviously would remain at the forfront and the paramount diety).

Darkspawn:

A Flesh Golem would suite these guys perfectly in my opinion.

Crusaders:

Right now this faction seems so bland to me, I'd like to see it gain more flavour in some way. Clearly we'll see mounted Knights. Maybe a Pegasus Rider or something (a cliche, but possibly still worthwhile) would help showcase that they are a faction in a fantasy game (I suppose the Angel and Lion do this, but I'd like to see it more apparent).

Anyway, just some more ideas I hope will jumpstart the flow of ideas again.

For the crusaders:

More Undead/vampire slayers. One is not enough!!!!

What about a few anti slaver zelots. It's a big problem in Taltos and I'm sure there are at least a few knights would make it there priority.

More Palidins ie knights able to cast priest spells.

definition of knight=warrior on horseback. nuff said.

Mercs:

a few assassins for hire

How about a cannon battery for hire. Not everybody can afford artillery, But everyone wants it. "budget war maichine" maybe. ::P:

Okay, for the Crusaders, I can really see some type of mounted hero, as well as cavalry figures and a sgt.

For elves, definately tree men, and some dryads (NOT THE GW STYLE!!!) that are in the process of merging with, or turning into a tree like battleform.

Dwarves definately need some berserkers (with bearskin cloaks or shirts, or whatnot) dual wielding axes and hammers. Or Perhaps based along the lines of RA Salvatore's 'Gutbuster' battleragers. No dwarves with mohawks and no armor. Also, generic bear cavalry could be fun. And definately, some more female characters.

Reven definately need some type of mongul horde-ish goblin wolf riders with composite bows and whatnot.

Reptus can have soem type of jungle/swamp wyrm (think oriental dragon type with vestigial wings, and low slung to the ground).

Nefsokar needs some giant beetles to run along the ground or buzz through the air, perhaps a Scorpion King styled figure (from The Mummy Returns).

Give the overlords some bathalian 'advisers' as well as slavers that can perhaps try to catch members of oposing armies before sweeping the battlefield.

Lastly, Darkspawn could probably use some generic demonic cavalry, or some cheap flyers at the very least.

Anyhoo, this was just a brain storm, so I hope that this spawns off some ideas that may be better.

Reven definately need some type of mongul horde-ish goblin wolf riders with composite bows and whatnot.

:huh:

you want to give the gobbies not only a mounts but range attack capiable mount to boot... ::o: that's just sick :angry:

granted it would be cool if'n I didn't root fer the Dwarves ::P: