Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

Reven definately need some type of mongul horde-ish goblin wolf riders with composite bows and whatnot.

YES!!!

And Sos, yes that's sick. Now stop acting like that's a bad thing ::P:

mongul horde-ish goblin wolf riders

No offence to this idea, but this is a stereotype I really want to see Reaper stay away from. I like the idea of Mounted Goblins, but wolf-riders are so cliche and boring. Still, if they looked cool I'd probably look into them, but I'd rather see them mounted on Mongolian Warhound/Mastiffs to give them more of a civilized and noble look rather than making them look uncultured and barbaric.

For the Mercs I'd like to see a sword master hero of some sort. Kinda a roving Ronin type.

"Crusaders: Right now this faction seems so bland to me..."

I think Crusaders are right on. They serve as a nice base on which everything else can be eccentric. Without you "bland" humans everything else becomes boring in my opinion...

Personally, I think the Lion and Angel are a little too weird for the faction. I'd rather they not have anything at all like that (certainly my Crusader force will not...)

I'd rather see Crusaders go the opposite way, with more mundane units like the Peasant Militia I mentioned previously. Half of my scenario ideas involving the Crusaders are along the lines of protecting the meek. If I'm running a Save the Town scenario I'd like to have some models to represent the peasants trying to help themselves a little too.

I think the Battle Nuns are a great unique unit for the Crusaders. More of that would be good... For really unique you could take advantage of the Crusader's Mercy ability. All of the Evil factions seem to have a Fallen this or that, you'd think with all that Mercy they might have converted someone the other way... A Good aligned Demon or other monster might be neat.

Anyway, just my take. I'm sure there are a ton of 'normal' people you could include with the Crusaders who would have plenty of character without being weird or out of place. I just don't see an Angel or Angelic Lion popping up... But clergy who perform burial rights or zealots who sacrifice themselves for the cause I do see. Too bad Bondslaves are evil, a group of escaped slaves would make a fine addition to the Crusader army...

No offence to this idea, but this is a stereotype I really want to see Reaper stay away from. I like the idea of Mounted Goblins, but wolf-riders are so cliche and boring. Still, if they looked cool I'd probably look into them, but I'd rather see them mounted on Mongolian Warhound/Mastiffs to give them more of a civilized and noble look rather than making them look uncultured and barbaric.

Too right ! :poke:

But maybe some exotic creatures as mounts like the Moa Bird or a Sabre Tooth Tiger . ::D:

I would love to see orcs and goblins mounted on horses. I cant think of any reason why they couldn't be.

Crusaders:

Mounted Knights

Men-at-Arms

Celestial Eagle

I dont see Crusaders as the basis for comparison. I think they should be the forces of Light in the world of Darkness.

Not that Peasant Militia aren't good, but I think it can go just as well with more angelic units.

Maybe Half-Celestial warriors.

I would love to see orcs and goblins mounted on horses. I cant think of any reason why they couldn't be.

Besides, if they get tired of riding they can throw a quick BBQ. A little stringy, but still quite good.

I'd rather see Crusaders go the opposite way, with more mundane units like the Peasant Militia I mentioned previously

I agree, I think we need to see some peasant militia, I mentioned this as well previously, it fits with the Crusader fluff.

I dunno, I just feel the Crusaders are slightly bland in a fantasy setting, just my opinion. Of course if there was a push towards incorporating more exotic fantasy type units nothing says you would have to incorporate them into your vision of the your Crusader force. Great thing about this game is it is so flexible.

I think the Battle Nuns are a great unique unit for the Crusaders.

I actually dislike the idea of battle nuns tons; but at the same time I know alot of people like them so more power to them. I choose not to incorporate them into my armies.

I agree that I don't just want to see exotic creatures and characters, and that alot of flavour can be added without getting carried away. And I agree the Battle nuns are an example of how to do this, even though I don't like the idea of them ::):

Whatever direction Reaper takes each force there will probably be the odd little thing some people dislike. But it's so great that one is never forced to play with a certain unit type.

after a lot of contemplation, i second the motion for a Lupine Army. All in favor say I.

Anoth idea for the Lupine Army would be an Owl Bear as a slol creature. How cool is that?

after a lot of contemplation, i second the motion for a Lupine Army. All in favor say I

EYE

For Reptus (since we seem to be getting no love from you hairy savages) I'd love to see:

Komodo dragon or giant iguana type cavalry, probably not with lances or anything, more as a fast(ish) melee unit.

I haven't played enough games to know if 'war engine' type units are possible/practical but an Ankylosaur carrying a howdah and some archers would be cool

Reptus Pit fighters, which I imagine are coming since they are mentioned a few times in the book

I think Elementals would be a good fit for Reptus, especially with the 'ancient knowledge' feel they have. Plus I could convert the Grave Horror into a Swamp Elemental!

more later...

Jamie