Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

I think the Crusader models are a bit bland not suitable well adorned for such religious warriors. Their troop types seem fine to me.

As for peasant units they aren't worthy religious warriors. No Paladin is going to let untrained ill equiped units on the battle field. Peasants are forces that are simply recruited given pikes and told to jab at anyone that comes near.

When you look at skirmish level battles troops like that are more a liability if you want to keep forces alive.

Cavalry now that is where combat is at.

For the Reptus I don't want to see too many large solo units. Much as I like Dinosaurs I don't want to see too many of them either it just seems to GW cliche.

The Darkspawn need to drop the elves (I am tired of elven forces) and become much more demonic with demon grunts and other things that can act as a unit.

I support the Anti-Dino Movement.

Actually a Resurected DemiGod of the Reptus would be hardcore. Maybe even mix in some form of their elemental ties with it. An undead Elemental Dragon DemiGod.

Also give use mounted Krung Beasts. An Alternate Uru on a mount would make me one happy player.

Lupine Faction would very much rock.

I support the Anti-Dino Movement.

I agree, leave the Dinos in Warhammer Fantasy. Not too say I wouldn't mind some beasties, but I like the idea of more original ones like the Krung Beast.

"No Paladin is going to let untrained ill equiped units on the battle field."

And yet, Warlord is not a "battle" game, it's a skirmish game. And what's more fundamental for skirmishing than peasantry defending themselves against marauding orcs/the walking dead/raiding slavers? Of course, you can say all these things have already happened and now the Crusaders are out to set things right... But it's a matter of taste. I don't really think there is any reason not to include a peasant force. In fact, it's the thing I'd like to see the most (outside of a Darkspawn grunt). Fortunately I think a lot of the mercenaries will at least have something of the right look so I don't mind making my own...

Plus, who says anything about the Crusaders taking the villagers out to battle. I see a Crusader militia as people who have volunteered to defend their homes and livelyhood. The pompous 'Paladins' you describe arn't anything like the Crusaders of Taltos under Duke Gerard as far as I can tell.

I am a little bit in disagreement about whether all races should have militia. I think of the Reven, Elves and Dwarf populations as having been trained to a higher than milia standard, and these are reflected in their main line Warriors. Just my thoughts though, I don't remember reading anything to support my ideas.

Since when did dinosaurs = GW? :huh:

I was actually thinking of the old Ral Partha War Newts, specifically the War Tortise, when I posted.

Besides, GW's view of the lizards is "crumbling remnants of an ancient empire" while Reaper's view seems to be "isolated, but advanced empire"

AND the aesthetics are completely different, GW being a sort of Aztec/Mayan/Indiana Jones sensiblility, Reaper more of an Asian motif.

AND if dinosaurs are cliche, how about evil underground elves? or scheming manipulative vampires? or crazed werewolf berserkers? or stubborn dwarves who hate orcs?

I'm not trying to be snarky, but the reason these things become cliches is because they are compelling! I think Reaper's take on many of these "archetypes" is pretty refreshing, I just don't buy the "don't do 'X' because company 'Y' has something similar" argument.

Jamie

If Reaper brought in Dinos for the Reptus it wouldn't turn me off of Warlord, but I would have second thoughts about including any in a Reptus army, I just don't like them (THat being said I don't like them in my D&D settings either, so perhaps I'm just anti-dino in general).

If I liked the Lizardman + Dino thing GW was doing I'd have no problem with rehashing the cliche, the problem is that I dislike the GW Lizardmen for this very reason.

Still if enough people want them, then lets bring them into the Warlord setting, I've got no problem with that.

So lets hear from people who want the Dinos in Taltos.

New unit discussions are fun, but frankly I just want to see greens for the Nagendra (sp)!

And the Reptus box set

And the Reptus force book

And CAV2

Dammit Erion, I hate you for sucking me in to this

Jamie

Bring it. By the time you locate him in the bowels of the Guild My giant eagle will be painted and will just carry him and drop him on a nice pointy rock to expose the fleshy parts.

And here I thought this was a discussion on what new units we would like to see. Its actually turned into a cook book with directions on how to prepare turtle soup.

Bring it. By the time you locate him in the bowels of the Guild My giant eagle will be painted and will just carry him and drop him on a nice pointy rock to expose the fleshy parts.

Now get a large pot, fill 1/3 full of water, add carrots and potatoes to taste. Place on open fire and let simmer for two hours.

I can taste the turtle soup now.

Skipper

Back on topic...I would like to see a Dwarf melee unit with a decent DV. Shieldmaidens rock, but are Adept. DV of 10 but MAV of 1 would round them out, maybe Deflect instead of Bloodlust.

Hmmm...just noticed Dwarf Warriors can engage from 8" out...