Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

I'm gonna show my geek side here. I was watching Nature "Deep Jungle" on PBS last Sunday night. They were doing a show about hunting for a chicken eating spider. This thing was hugh!!!! It was bigger than the span of my hand and it's legs were as thick as a finger. Don't get me started on the size of it's fangs. The thing creeped me out big time.

However, ever since then I keep have visions of Reptus riding giant spider and dog like attack spiders.

Just a creepy idea I had to get of my chest.

For sure, Dwarves in Heavy Plate shouldn't be the least bit of a stretch.

Have I mentioned how much I love Gnomes! A Gnome sorcerer accompanying the Dwarves would be great, in fact, I'd love to see an entire unit type. Although I'll re-iterate I don't care that much for the tinkerer stereotype that has been placed on Gnomes over the years (I loved the Early DragonLance novels, but they ruined D&D Gnomes across all settings).

Gnomey Goodness!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gal.../MM35_PG131.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ph35_gal...35_PG27_WEB.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ph35_gal...35_PG57_WEB.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ros_gallery/83272.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ros_gallery/83311.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ros_gallery/83334.jpg

Can't help but revive the dead topic, I'm beyond giddy now that I'm getting some new grunts.

Darkspawn - Posted this elsewhere but it belongs here:

Having an all demonic troop would be pretty cool, I need to have my paintenders poking at something besides the broken fodder, a few lesser demons would do this nicely.

I think an adept that is a mage would also be extremely cool for the darkspawn. Something like 1/2 mage CP 3. That would... rock, although it might get confusing in the heat of battle, maybe give them an innate spell instead of mage 1/2. That makes it easier to keep track of and minimizes cheating.

What about an Isiri on something that looks like this: http://wow.ogaming.com/gallery/albums/Renders/felhound.jpg

Reptus:

While thinking about what the reptus will get when they expand, I came up with these ideas.

Reptus Wind(or Water) Walkers:

(either of those names would suggest they are stealthy)

Carrying huge (Katana like) blades, bigger and crazier looking then the ones held by Bondslaves. No armor and covered in ceremonial tattoos. A privite sect of Warriors that have mastered the art of hunting and killing before the beast or creature knows that they are even in danger. While hunting it is as if the swamp itself hides them, even while waste deep in swamp water they make no noise. Although powerful they only kill out of necesity, Khong-to has sounded the drums of war and they are needed.

High Dis, Low DV, MAV of 2 or 3, First Strike, and Ranger. Expensive Adept and maybe good aligned(all other neutral have evil units, reptus need to change it up)

Reptus Swamp Spider Riders:

Read this up above and it's the coolest idea I have ever heard. They wouldn't be too fast but in combat they would be brutal.

Mounted Troll Chiefton(Cannot be fielded with Uru):

Uru's legend grows as does his abilities as a fighter, and the Reptus see much potential in him. He's probably the only troll even close to intelligent enough master mounted combat. While on his Beast of war, chosen by and given to him by Khong for proving himself repeatedly as a great warrior, he is a force more intimidating than some of the most feared warriors in all of Taltos.

Give it #MA 4(krungs attack and Uru duel wields), a lower MAV 3or4, add a DT to the Krung Beast and make it a very expensive solo.

Reptus:

Reptus Swamp Spider Riders:

Read this up above and it's the coolest idea I have ever heard.  They wouldn't be too fast but in combat they would be brutal.

Maybe not swamp spiders, but swamp bugs or giant water bugs.

Mounted Troll Chiefton(Cannot be fielded with Uru):

Uru's legend grows as does his abilities as a fighter, and the Reptus see much potential in him.  He's probably the only troll even close to intelligent enough master mounted combat.  While on his Beast of war, chosen by and given to him by Khong for proving himself repeatedly as a great warrior, he is a force more intimidating than some of the most feared warriors in all of Taltos.

Give it #MA 4(krungs attack and Uru duel wields), a lower MAV 3or4, add a DT to the Krung Beast and make it a very expensive solo.

Uru on a Krung Beast is awesome.

For sure, Dwarves in Heavy Plate shouldn't be the least bit of a stretch.

Have I mentioned how much I love Gnomes! A Gnome sorcerer accompanying the Dwarves would be great, in fact, I'd love to see an entire unit type.  Although I'll re-iterate I don't care that much for the tinkerer stereotype that has been placed on Gnomes over the years  (I loved the Early DragonLance novels, but they ruined D&D Gnomes across all settings).

Gnomey Goodness!

No Gnomes for the Dwarves. :angry: They might mix and those would be UGLY offspring. :poke: I say make them Mercs or a sub faction in the Mercs.

Hey I will admit it....I have a thing for fairies especially girl fairies like Amy Brown draws. I think a few fairies in the elven faction would rock....maybe they don't kill that well, but confuse the ememy or something.

I hope making an admission like this doesn't make me any less of an orc, but fairies are cool.....ok I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

Kobolds....no way we reven use em to grease our weapons. Just boil em up to render them and yur axes etc. will never rust..jk Kobolds are cool in their own sick demented way. :B):

There has been some discussion recently about a way in which to incorporate more demonic forces into the Isiri ranks and even have a few soldier models which would be closer to the demonic than elven decent. I think the best way would be to incorporate imps as a new type of adept model. Give them small, flyer, horrid and maybe even an innate spell. Imps definitely would fit into the fluff and would be a great unit to field.

Requested Units?

Reptus: Pit fighters would be cool. dinosaurs have been done before, though i like the ankylosaur w/ howdah approach. we know the snakes are coming.

but what i want to see, more than anything else;

Reptus SAMURAI!!!!!!!!

Adept. powerful ranged and melee values. high discipline. some sick rule about banzai applying to charges and the ability to commit suicide instead of beign captured. they would so damn rock...they would be pricey, but too coo' to pass.

i can see them, in shoulder-and-hip plates, flowing robes here and there, and a long elegant sword, not quite a katana, but very striking.

the only thing cooler would be having reptus NINJA!!!!! :ph34r:

Overlords: one sentence:

Black Legionares. they'd be adepts, but they'd also be worth it. it's be cool if they had the vile trait when they advanced as a whole united troop. the sound of stomping steel boots...

Crusaders:

i so agree with knights on horseback. that is a friggin must. and paladin types would be nice.

call it sick but i do favor this stuff: a demonslayer that does 2 damage racks to a Demon model. such holy banishment would be cool, esp as a one time "smite"

now that i think of it, the Reptus have a great dragon god. his avatar would kick, and be the biggest mini for the game.

also, i love the fact that the Reptus are Monotheistic. so many times the tribes of yore in gaming are ambient or totem huggas or voodoo boys, and you can bet on it with real money and make a profit. but they have a single focus, and a Dragon to top that! how friggin cool is that!!

neksofar could use more humans. and more interesting hero types. the arabian and egyptian legends loved their heroes. it would be cool moreso than new minis that new Neksofar get props and inspitration: some of their models look bland and not so cool as all others. give they boys some spice: saffron, natron, myrrh, lotus blossom, the stuff that you expect to find in the desert oasis.

other factions can do as they wish. save the necropolis: they have soo much crap anyway, and some of the very best models in the game, hands down. let others care about them.