Sign in to follow this  
spiritual_exorcist

New Units/Models

Reptus - how about a unit of unarmored, lightly-built warriors, leaping from bit of masonry to bit of masonry, carrying tridents or shaolin spades?

I actually don't mind the idea of dinosaurs (I'm actually planning to use November's Carnotaurus as a proxy for the Krung Beast) but I like the idea of more generic giant jungle reptiles better. How about a giant turtle with a howdah on its back? Maybe with a special rule that if it hasn't moved in a turn it's considered to have pulled into its shell and is thus harder to hit.

Rather than mount them on spiders, or swamp bugs, or water bugs, how about mounting them on giant, armored lungfish? Something that can move through water or on land and has the same prehistoric sort of look as the reptus. I'd say coelacanth but that wouldn't be able to really function out of water...OOH! Maybe one of those big prehistoric amphibians, the Labyrinthodonts. That'd be sweet. Or something like a Dicynodont, maybe? Prehistory has a lot of other ideas besides dinosaurs.

Hi,

first, I think, we should avoid the old GW problem of making ever bigger and nastier monsters (or characters, for that). I have no playing experience yet, but making stronger and stronger monsters (dragons, putting trolls on Krung Beasts etc.) would reduce the role of infantry troops.

Personally I like, that warlord is pretty much cliche. Everything is familiar. Dwarves are how I remember them, Elves are the same old guys I know from roleplaying etc. For me, this is an advantage. You don`t have to make exotic or bizarre unfamiliar backgrounds to make a good tabletop game.

Crusaders should definitely have some cavalry.

Speaking of cavalry:

Myself, willing to play overlords, think the onyx chevaliers aren´t so good (being solos, they don`t strike at the same type, have only one attack and cost 75 points). Without them, there is only one solo (unique), I can take. Perhaps a solitaire, a slave hunter/bounty hunter type would fit. And perhaps some adepts, slave herders or the warbrides as adepts would be nice.

Speaking of cavalry:

Myself, willing to play overlords, think the onyx chevaliers aren´t so good (being solos, they don`t strike at the same type, have only one attack and cost 75 points). Without them, there is only one solo (unique), I can take. Perhaps a solitaire, a slave hunter/bounty hunter type would fit. And perhaps some adepts, slave herders or the warbrides as adepts would be nice.

Fret not O-lords. The Onyx Zephers are coming. There will be non-unique Calvalry soon.

I would like to see a mini for the Behemoth, the generic card in the back of the 1st printing. Just a thought.

The Krung beast, grave horror, bone horror, Rauthuros, Onyx golem, etc. are behemoths. It's just a generic card for those who wish to do their own versions of such critters.

I would like to see more merc units. They have a very limited selection compared to some factions that have 3 times as many units.

Just remember that Mercenary forces can also borrow models from the other armies as well to flesh out their ranks. Or were you thinking of a Mercenary Faction only army?

Merc faction only, their is a special skill for it, so I thought it should be more able to be used. Lack of elites and the ability to field them.

I would like to see more merc units. They have a very limited selection compared to some factions that have 3 times as many units.

Just remember that Mercenary forces can also borrow models from the other armies as well to flesh out their ranks. Or were you thinking of a Mercenary Faction only army?

I would like to see horses, just horses. I'm making a baggage train and I need pack animals.

The mercs are actually sitting pretty nicely. You're comparing them to the factions that have already had a faction book release. Compare them to ones such as Darkspawn and you'll see they are ahead of the game.

on topic:

I want to see more releases :)

You have a good point, are they planning a faction book release for Merc even thought they are less of a true faction?

Brandon

PS: more releases are good, I want to see varient models for units, like they have for crypt bats, some units look sub par and could be cooler.

I would like to see horses, just horses. I'm making a baggage train and I need pack animals.

The mercs are actually sitting pretty nicely. You're comparing them to the factions that have already had a faction book release. Compare them to ones such as Darkspawn and you'll see they are ahead of the game.

on topic:

I want to see more releases :)

i think reptus lancers on giant bird's would be cool. they could be mean and tough and still stay away from the dinosaur motif.

dinobird4wy.th.png

Speaking of cavalry:

Fret not O-lords. The Onyx Zephers are coming. There will be non-unique Calvalry soon.

Don't forget that in an all o-lord army, the onyx chevys are no longer unique

I am sure the Overlords would prefer non-Solo Cavalry as opposed to non Unique Cavalry.

As an individual unit, with it's own activation card, I haven't seen it as successful as it could be were it an Adept and could ride with friends. On it's own it has a tendency to get surrounded and slaughtered.