Ok, first I wanna say "hello" to everyone, and I can't wait to begin playing Warlord. I started a new job at a local gaming store, and the first thing i bought on my first night was the Warlord rulebook. I of course read all the fluff (love fluff) lol. Anyway, I was looking through the forces, and i have my first 3 picked out (Crusaders, Elves and Mercs) Also, I was looking at the generic force stuff, and i have a couple of questions.

first, are there going to be MORE of them, or a complete set of force builder rules, or at least more abilities, add-ons and such?

second, I am planning on building a forcr from my comicbook i am working on and I have a werewolf character who would be a solo, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how you would portray that. I mean going from "human" and then transforming into a "combat form".

thanx for any imput.

Brotherfury

Lupine - three models listed in the Mercenary list, fluff paragraph breaks it down.

I did think about that, but what about having a "human" version, then after so many wounds, he transforms? How would you do that? what kind of point value would that amount to?

Brotherfury

Great question (werewolf possibility)! And welcome to the forums.

My 2 cents worth: I'd choose a suitable data card (ranging from better than average up to maybe even Warlord). Next consider "HOW" would the character change from one form to the other with regards to Special Abilities. For the sake of simplicity I'd try and keep BOTH versions using the SAME data card, but let the Special Abilities make the difference. Obviously, use SA's that are sensible for the both the humanoid (cerebral?) and the werewolf (version (beastly?).

As for mechanics, I'd probably have to agree that the model would need to, at a minimum, INVOKE the transformation, and/or "pass" an entire turn to represent transformation. I think a one turn factor is sufficient rather than dealing with a "changing" data card while a model goes through several turns of transformation.

Option #1 example: Use the Lupine Lord's data card. Drop the SA's while the model is a human. After the turn it transforms, put the original SA's back in action.

Option #2 example: Same as #1, but add appropriate SA's while in human form, then switch the SA's to the Lupine form after transformation.

Special Ability suggestions (to differentiate between human and werewolf):

A) Beast and/or Bloodlust and/or Ranger and/or Runner to represent increased speed/agility.

B) Horrid and/or Shock... well, a werewolf itself would scare the dooky out of me!

C) Tough... I'd like to see at least a value of 2, but that's just preference.

D) Warmaster because all the werewolfs I saw in the movies tore shat up.

Good luck figuring it out and hopefully it works out so you can play a werewolf in some games.

Ok, personally I think the Lupines work well, because they are werewolves essentially, humans that tranfrom into wolfmen hybrids.

But if you wanted to get fancy I'd say do the following:

Start with the 'Tank Hero'

Add: Horrid (+5), Fearless (+15), Ranger (+3)

Then to represent the changing from Wolf to man on the last damage track do the following.

Alter Damage track 0: Add +2 to Mov (+4)

Alter Damage track 1: Add +3 to Mov (+6), +2 MAV (+4), +3 DV (+6), +3 MD (+6)

Keep Damage track 2: Subtract -2 MAV (-2)

WereWolf

Generic, Unique Hero, Standard Base, Points: 169

#MA..#RA..Dmg..Mov..Dis..MAV..RAV..Rng..DV..CP..MD

Special Abilities: Bloodlust/2, Deflect, Fearless, Horrid, Ranger, Ronin, Tough/3

Anyway, my take on a werewolf that reverts to human form on its last damage track.

To be honest I'm not sure how developed the generic list needs to get, I've been really giving it a good go the last couple days to try things out and I seem to be able to make nearly everythign I want. It's just a matter of picking the correct base model.

For example, if you want a Knight with Bloodlust, rather than not having the bloodlust ability to add to a knight, look for a model that has bloodlust and turn it into a Knight.

For example take Two-Weapon model, add Horse, add Great Shield, add +1 DV

For 41 points you have a Cavalry similar to a Knight (with the exception of First strike).

Hmmm...seems like a little bit too much of a bargain actually, considering that you pay 56 for a 'Heavy Cavalry' model.

And while you lose First Strike, and one point of DV (which is powerful), you gain Bloodlust/2, Tough/2, and an extra attack, all for 15 points less.

All great ideas! I used super jag's idea, and it seemed to work ok. I will try S_E's idea too.

On another subject with the generic force list; is there costs for special abilities? I know about the chart for some stuff, but like say 360, warmaster, etc? How do i customize that way?

Brotherfury

Some things just arn't customizable, whether or not they might be in the future is hard to say. Certain abilities seem reserved for certain types of models and just can't be bought for regular troops, while other abilities don't make an appearance on the Generic list at all (on any of the base models, nor in the additions you can make).

Not sure, perhaps at some point far down the line we might see an entire Faction style book related to generics, or we might see it as part of the Mercenary book. But I wouldn't hold my breath right now.

WereWolf

Generic, Unique Hero, Standard Base, Points: 169

#MA..#RA..Dmg..Mov..Dis..MAV..RAV..Rng..DV..CP..MD

Special Abilities: Bloodlust/2, Deflect, Fearless, Horrid, Ranger, Ronin, Tough/3

I've adjusted the Dis values of the model based upon my 'Fearless' question

I agree, I would have put Beast in if it was an option, but I didn't go off of one of the Solos because of the large base size.

As a personal model I would never equip him with anything anyway so it wouldn't be a worry if I was to use him.

I thought BLoodlust was a good compromise.