tutorials!

Hello! I've just gotten into the sculpting thing and I'm not good. I have some dollies from Reaper and I sculpting a guy that looks like he's wearing a prison jumpsuit. I've been converting trolls into yetis and that's gone alright, but man, when it comes to sculpting clothes and whatnot, I suck. I'm planning on attending some classes at Gencon but I'd really appreciate any tutorials or tips that you guys have. Many thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a page with advice and tips from several different people. It also has a link to the yahoo group sculpting list where you can get a lot of advice also.

Sculpting Page

The link Dargrin gave you also has some good tips, although I wouldn't advise using your file set on green stuff as it might clog them up. I bought some cheap fingernail file boards that do the trick.

I picked some of those up and am working on one of them right now. They may not be the best place to start IMO, if you want to change the poses. The Starter Level ones are a nicer alternatives if you end up having problems (like I did).