Sign in to follow this  
Leech

Monsters, mayhem and monkey business

Sakura nods quietly, listening to the spiel, then smiles.  "Well, hook me up.  I can't throw good jobs away anymore."  She accepts her jerky from Dogs and munches on it lightly while waiting for the rest of the group to speak their mind.

Johnny lounged back in the carefully fitted seats of his dark blue Ford Texan; the wipers were on full it seemed every time they pulled back the screen was awash with more water. It wasn't surprising, he was after all in Seattle; he glanced around as he came to a more unfamiliar area of the city, a category that existed for probably half of the sprawling metropolis. The description had been pretty clear, and here he was, outside what was apparently Seattle's best 20th Century Jazz club, to himself Johnny reckoned that there wasn't much competition in the area, but who was he to comment. Parking was awkward, but managed to find a spot in between two Americars, they always left a nice gap on either side.

He hopped out into the rain filled street, his large boots narrowly avoided a sizable puddle. His fingers reached tentatively towards the gun safe but his inner monologue advised against it, 'Hey you've got two pistols already any more is just over kill ... besides this Colonel's a fair bloke, everyone says so.' His hands came back and instead slammed the door, a few seconds later mechanisms clicked. He patted the pocket of his shirt, the security override card was still there, he smiled. The man who looked surprisingly large for one with such human features walked towards the bulky Troll doorman. Rain was splashing down on to his leather jacket and cascading on to the floor, joining all the other puddles.

The Troll at the door met him with an arm and a question, just as the message had warned him, but the mention of the Colonel caused the arm to slink back to the doorman's side. Johnny walked on through the doorway into a corridor that led almost immediately down a set of steps. He walked carefully down them, his boots were pretty wet and his jacket was still dripping down on to the floor. He'd hate to arrive at his potential boss with a report of slipping down the stairs. Once again the mention of the Colonel's name got him past the Elven Doorgirl without having to pay the small charge of nuyen. The removal of weapons took a while, first he deposited his heavy pistol, a quick question revealed he could keep his light, he then received a pleasant cybercuff for his left hand, he smiled and was about to walk through the door when a small weapon jogged his memory. He turned back and tried to detach the small extending baton from it's place in his light pistol holster, it was harder than he thought with the bulk on his left hand. At last he pulled it out and deposited it along with the others that were about to be moved for storage ... she gave him a new claim check and he was away.

The inside was pretty much as he'd expected from the clubs tagline, it was very 20th century; a small pedantic part of his brain told him it was in the style of the 90's. An Ork in a Tuxedo greeted him, he smiled at him; it was always surprising how different other Orks would look in comparison to himself in the mirror. He nodded to the statement and glanced at the booth that had been pointed out, it was getting crowded. He walked over to the bar and ordered his usual drink,"Vodka, thanks."He then walked over to the table and hooked a chair from under another table and sat down on the outer extremities of the booth and nodded to all who were seated. He reckoned that the Colonel had to be the human, usually people would mention in a description if a guy was an abnormal metahuman type."Hey guys, and gals, sorry I'm little on the late side, parking was kind of awkward. I'm Edge, pleased to meet you. I'm assuming you're the Colonel ... nice meeting you. So ... have I missed anything?"he glanced around at the faces, he was trying his conversational voice it usually helped put people at ease when in front of them sat a man with a form fitting shirt that you hoped had a moulded chest because otherwise the man in front of you was a ton of bricks.

"Ah, glad you could make it Edge." Responds the Colonel as the runner sat down. "And no you haven't missed anything really. I was just explaining to those present that I have a perspective Johnson for you to meet. Hope you haven't got any problems with corporate work, at least not any that will cause a problem."

The Colonel sits back as he allows the newcomer to exchange pleasantries with the others sat in the booth with him.

(OOC)Guess I'll get started then peeps. I'm sure 'Edge' can intro himself on the fly :o)(/OOC)

"It looks like the team is all here, so I think now would be as good a time as any to pass you the info I have on the job." Says the Colonel as Amy brings over the second round of drinks.

As she's setting them on the table, the group hears a loud "MEOW!" coming from the other side of the bar near the stage. If anyone cares to look, you'll see a rather drunk young girl with a tail and vaguely catlike ears.

As Amy leaves, the Colonel gets out a pocket secretary and seems to look for the information. He then checks his watch, then looks up and smiles. "The Johnson is waiting for you right now in a bar in Everett called 'The Round Blimp'. He'll be there until closing time, which means you've got about an hour to get there before he leaves. The barman will point him out to you." He then slips a piece of paper across the table, which has the address of 'the Round Blimp' and the time on it. "Good luck chummers." He says in parting as the six of you get up from the booth.

Syd nods to the bar maid as he walks out the door. At the weapons desk, Syd rids himself of the awefull security cuffs which had so encumbered his hands and tests his new spurs to make sure to himself they still work. He then eases a small hold out pistol into each of his boots, a barretta onto each side of his chest, scratches at where the spurs went back into each of his wrists, and  slides a large bowie knife into his belt.

Two Dogs waits his turn for weapons return, seems he has the fewest weapons anyway.  While waiting he asks "Does anyone have a vehicle we can all ride in, my scooter can get me and maybe one other to our destination but if we can all go together that would wiz, don't cha think?"

Edge nodded to the Colonel and Syd as they responded to his introduction, he settled into his seat in preparation for a long drawn out explanation of what was about to go down. He was surprised to find himself needing to get up so soon, he felt like saying 'is that it?' but thought against it, every person he'd mentioned the Colonel's name to had said he was a decent another seeming man, so he had to assume that if this was all the Colonel was going to say, then this was all he had to say. He downed all of his drink and started to stand up, he passed a second glance to the cat like figure and then shrugged, 'Well I guess not all people who come here are looking for a job.', he nodded to the Colonel again and then made his way to the check out queue. He watched as the Dwarf by the name of Syd checked out his host of weaponry, he was watching the spur blades slide make behind the skin when the question was asked. He turned his attention to the man who seemed human, but then also didn't, "Err, I've got a pick up truck, it's good for me and another in the front, anyone else would have to ride in the back ... and it is raining pretty hard out there. Like cats and dogs you could say." he turned back to the weapons checkout; Syd had just about collected all of his items. He stepped forward handing the receipt over, he stuck out his left hand and watched as the cuff was taken off. His hand was covered with a layer of sweat, but he wiped it off against the side of his trousers and then took the two weapons depositing on in it's holster and slotting the over one in to it's place alongside his light pistol. He stepped out of the way so that the next person could get his weaponry. "So, anyone else got something that can carry more than one passenger?" he asked again to try and get the problem sorted.

(ooc. soory if i left any one out.)

Syd does some quick estimations in his head. "Well, theres just six of us. We can take two to a set o' wheels and keep every one mostl nearly dry. Of course, who ever rides Stings with me is guna get slogged on, but you learn to cope with rain in the UK."