Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Leech

Monsters, mayhem and monkey business

Recommended Posts

As Johnny Two Dogs places his two knives and the Ruger Super Warhawk in there sheaths and holster he survey's his  companions.  "Perhaps we could meet in front of the the Round Blimp in forty five minutes" he says, guessing that it will take him that long to get safely set up in Everett.  He plans to sing a song and bring in some simple city spirits to guard his scooter.  Smiling he says "My ride is wet and slow but it'll get ya there if one of you needs a lift."

 

He looks back at the girl with the tail, ears and cat's MEOW and thinks that there was a story there.  It might have been an interesting night in the jazz club tonight.  Oh well biz is biz.  Maybe he can get the Colonel to let him play one night.

 

ooc:  I suppose it might work to put the scooter in the back of the pick up truck and ride in the back with it if that seems more useful way to get to our destination.  Either way, Two Dogs doesn't mind getting wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnny looked around; it looked as though everyone had picked up their gear from the claiming booth, now they were discussing their travelling arrangements. They seemed to be getting near a decision, "So is anyone joining me, it sounds like I've got the driest ride ... but then if you live in Seattle you can't really mind the rain that much can ya'? Meeting up in forty-five sounds good to me, so we happy with that? Well I'm gonna go get my Texan warmed up, if one of you wanna' join me then you'll see my pick blue truck crammed in between two little America's." Johnny stalked ahead going up the stairs and out into the rainy night, he nodded to the Troll again and made his way towards his car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syd gives the troll at the door a teethy grin that show more animosity than friendliness. He then walks to his bike, Stings, and briefly touches the rear wheel to check for his the shotgun and machete which seem to blend into the mish-mash of greasy mechanical bits that make a harley what it is. He then starts it. You can feel the bike before you can hear it. Syd looks to Grater, waiting for her to join him on the bike. "It aint gunna get any dryer," he says, "If we have 45 minutes, where do you wanna go first?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the party begins to 'mount up' you spot a young elven girl walking down the street. Her dress and manner mark her someone out on the tiles on a Friday night and she's walking purposefully towards the Diverbomber.

 

As she passes a doorway a man steps out into the street and seems to start a conversation with the girl. After a few moments, another man joins them, and then another. Within a few minutes the girl is surrounded by four men.

 

(The men are dressed in long coats, heavy boots and most have shaven heads. They all appear to be human, and not unacquainted with a gym. The one face which you can see has a scar on it.)

 

Another couple of moments and the girl begins to back up... looks like one of the men said something that she didn't like. But she doesn't get very far before one of the men grabs her by the wrist. Her scream is clearly audible where you are. After a quick scan of the street, you realise that you're the only other people there (aside from the ever-present Todd).

 

Mere seconds after the scream, a glint can be seen from the hand of one of the men. The girl screams again, this time louder and there's a distinct undertone of fear in her yelp.

 

[What do you do? The girl and four men are approximately 10 meters from you. PM me if you need to ask any questions. Actions either posted or PM'd by this time Wednesday (2 days) please.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't like the looks of that at all, bad biz four on one" says Two Dogs.  He steps to the side so as not to get run over by Street Samurai he has so recently met.  He begins a chant, looking at the alleys and  streets.  He pulls a small wooden flute and begins to play a pattern that sounds a bit like a car horn.  Then continues his chant.  

 

Somewhere in the back of his mind Two Dogs thinks that appearances can be deceiving.  Hopefully, by helping the female elf he is helping the right party in this altercation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syd hops off his bike an lets it idle while he is about to run to the closest man. "Oi!!! get your hands off her!" He says as he pulls the machete from his bike, and the bowie knife from his belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was all for freedom to go about doing what you wished just Johnny licked to make sure that the odds were fairly stacked. For all he knew the skinheads could be LoneStar it wasn't at all likely but the possibility still lay there. So he sauntered over there and slowly extended the spurs from his left hand.

 

He was smiling all the while as he walked towards the group, a slightly manic smile, it always came across his face when his body realised a fight was about to that. Instead of laying his hand on one o the guys he pushed his blades lightly on one of the closest ones arms. Not enough to draw blood, but the threat was obviously there. "Hold down there guys, you haven't even given her time to run away yet, you have to be slightly sporting at least with such an unfair advantage. Of course if you wanted I could lower your numbers so that it was going to be a fair fight. It's all up to you, now isn't it?" Once again the threat was there, the spurs were just a show of strength, the words gave some intentions to that strength. If they look up into his face they'd still see that slightly manic smile across his face ... a very disturbing sight to see on a man with such a huge frame and three blades coming out of his hand.

 

OOC I reckon that would count as an Intimidation roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Okay, I'm assuming Grater has moved with Syd and Edge while Johnny Two Dogs has remained by his bike and Sakura has remained with him. Here's the results....]

 

As the two orks and Syd saunter over to the group of skinheads, Johnny Two Dogs begins to chant. As he does so, he sees a spectral form appear in front of him... the city spirit materialising in the phsyical plane. "How may I assist, Child of Dog?" it asks as its eyes lock onto the Shaman. Johnny Two Dogs' shoulders slump a fraction, but he remains bright eyed and alert.

 

The skinheads all turn to face the approaching runners. One of them whirls and steps forward into Edge's face. "What yo problem chummer?" Asks the skinhead. "We's just cleaning up the streets."

 

"And it looks like our job's only just begun." Says another as he notices the dwarf with two knives. "Li'l squat wanna play with the big boys?"

 

The remaining two step back a little, draging the Elf with them. "You wanna make something o' it chummers?" Asks another one? "Cos this is none o your business.... stick your noses in any moe and someone's gonna bleed."

 

[The skinheads general manner is one of hostility towards you, the runners. Edge notices that object which glinted moments before is in fact a spur, a single blade protruding from the wrist of the skinhead in front of him.

 

Actions please everyone, including what armour you're wearing and how you're armed. I'll post again Monday (afternoon here, morning in the US)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooc: I've got my machete and survival knife in hand, and plenty of pistols and my (unextended) spurs on me as well. i'm wearing my armored vest (I assume the plates are removable. if not, i've got the armor plates in the vest as well), my trench coat, and arm bracers as well.

 

 

Syd gives a small laugh. "I'll bloody well cut you chumms down to size soon enough." He says, while lunging at the skinhead who spoke to soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"City Spirit thank you for answering my call.  I ask your help in vexing those shaven headed men" says Two Dogs, sweeping his hand to indicate the targets he desires.  "They pose a threat to friends of mine, I ask that you trip and hinder these four skinheaded men.  Make them fall and lower their guard.  Frustrate and annoy them.  Bring fear to them if you are able.  Concentrate your efforts on the two holding the elven woman first as she may be in the most danger.  I thank you again Spirit of the Streets for answering my call and humbly beseech your aid."

 

[After speaking with the spirit, Two Dogs will watch to see if it will act on this tasking.  If it does, he will draw his pistol and move to a support position for the Street Samurai of his new pack.  Knowing that he doesn't want to get in the way of hand to hand fighters he will stay back.  Should the spirit balk he will need to speak to it some more.  (He is not wearing any special armor, just normal clothes, two knives and the Ruger Super Warhawk.)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny kept smiling, "Hey I'm all for the role of street cleaners, I'm just not too sure that we need four people per street that's all. Maybe I can help with that." He brought his spur packing hand away from the man, he was still smiling. "We all gotta bleed, just some people need to, and with words like that I reckon you need to. And I've got three little friends who just love to make wishes." He twisted his hand around in view of the skinhead, so that the blades glinted under the streetlights. Rainwater dripped and splashed down the blades, he smiled an extra long smile and quickly made like he was going to jab forward with the bladed hand. But it was a feint and his right fist came around quickly and impacted against the skinhead. For those around who had good hearing you seemed to think that the hit had a metallic echo to it ... or at least the punch sounded really heavy.

 

OOC Edge's got his Heavy pistol, his Light pistol and his Baton.

For armour, he's got bone lacing, his form fitting chest armour and a real leather jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[i'm going to assume Grater and Sakura aren't doing anything this 'turn'. Here's everyone else' actions, in Reaction order.]

 

Syd lunges at the skinhead stood in front of him. After a brief tustle, Syd manages to hit the man with his sword, leaving a large gash down the man's chest and a trail of blood on the sidewalk. (ooc: moderate wound inflicted)

 

Mere moments after, Edge's fist impacts with the side of another skinhead's head. The punch sounds overly heavy, meeting the man's temple with a resonant 'thunk'. The skinhead doubles over in pain, blood trickling from his head onto the pavement. Edge's smile widens when he sees the extent of the damage. (ooc: serious wound inflicted, opponent knocked prone)

 

"I will do as you request, Child of Dog" Says the City Spirit as it floats off towards the two skinheads holding the young Elven girl. As it does so, it lets out a wail which sounds similar to a passing subway train. The two skinheads look up at the spirit and visibly wilt under it's scrutiny. However, they stand fast, even gripping the girl's arms tighter.

 

[i'm going to switch to standard combat rounds here. Could everyone please roll initiative... this is your Reaction plus the total of the number of dice you roll for initiative (expressed as X+YD6).

 

Due to the nature of Shadowrun's combat system, I'll post everyone's actions at once. So please PM me with what you intend to do and your initiative scores. I'll then collate the info and post the first Initiative Pass. Gwangi, I've assumed Force 5 for your spirit, so please send me the same for your spirit, where his initiative = F+11+1D6.

 

Each init pass will be a seperate post.... any questions PM me. Since this'll take so long, I'll post Friday morning (in the UK)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×