750-point Elf list

Here's the 750-point army list I've been trying out in hopes of using it in the ReaperCon tournament:

Troop 1:

Selwyn + Greater Accuracy Upgrade

Nirodiel + 2 Bandage, 3 Bless

4 Vale Archers

Troop 2:

Arnise

4 Deathseekers + Lesser Magic Weapon

2 Long Thorns

I've come close with this list; twice it's come down to one figure apiece, but I lost both times. Can this list work, or is it just too small? I'm considering dropping Selwyn's GAU and mixing up the grunts a bit. Any thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd honestly drop the Lesser Weapon Upgrades on the Deathseekers. They're pretty decent as is. Save those 60 points. Downgrade from Greater to Lesser Accuracy Upgrade. Save those 35 points. Buy two more archers and use the elves strength - ranged attacks. You'd still have 11 points to play with. Drop a bless and give Improved protection to one of your leaders. 1 point to spare.

Haven't had a chance to play elves, just kind of looking at numbers and seeing what equipment I have found particularly useful. I've found so far, numbers are extremely important in the 750/2 troop max rule armies.

Tactics wise "keep moving"

Unless you want to fire twice. :ph34r: Elves LOVE firing twice.

Kellinator- What in your list do you really want to play with? :rock: That will help me to give you more useful feedback for you. ::): I mean, if you really wanted to field Arnise and I said something different, than that wouldn't be very helpful for you.

Tactics wise "keep moving"

Unless you want to fire twice. :ph34r: Elves LOVE firing twice.

True, but since Kellinator is running light on melee types... keeping a distance between the archers and their targets is going to be the difference between life and a mob of orcs sporting fresh elf scalps on their belts.

True, but since Kellinator is running light on melee types... keeping a distance between the archers and their targets is going to be the difference between life and a mob of orcs sporting fresh elf scalps on their belts.

Is that a bad thing though?

:devil:

Well, one out of every three orc warriors does have a severed head tied to its belt. It appears to be human however. No pointy ears.

I've played 2 times as the Elves and I needed to manuever against Razigs Revenge 1 time but the Orcs never got close enough. Both 1000 point games.

Selwyn with 10 archers and 1 Standard

Meridh with 8 Archers

Centaur

36 shots at +3, 3 at +2 and 1 at +1. Total 40 ranged attacks from turn 1. :blink:

Not much stand up to that. If it gets close you do need to move and shoot but sometimes it's worth getting double fire and doing 2 rounds worth of damage in 1. Instead of moving. But hopfully it is rare, especially if you are positioned well.

I've played 2 times as the Elves and I needed to manuever against Razigs Revenge 1 time but the Orcs never got close enough. Both 1000 point games.

Meridh with 8 Archers

Centaur

36 shots at +3, 3 at +2 and 1 at +1. Total 40 ranged attacks from turn 1. :blink:

Not much stand up to that. If it gets close you do need to move and shoot but sometimes it's worth getting double fire and doing 2 rounds worth of damage in 1. Instead of moving. But hopfully it is rare, especially if you are positioned well.

Two things yer missing EW the battlefield and the number difference.

There is going to be up to 6 players on a table that is going to make things a little tight. Not mention several the the armies are going to be Reven (tough) and crusaders (high DV and deflect). Not to mention it'll be 15 elves against upwards of 100+...

Well, one out of every three orc warriors does have a severed head tied to its belt.  It appears to be human however.  No pointy ears.

That's because the points are the tastiest part. We Chew that bit off. : wub:

Like Tobaccy. ::P:

:blink:

does this mean you have officially admitted yer orcish bloodline?

Meridh with 8 Archers

Centaur

What kind of terrain are you guys playing with? Playing on an open table without any cover against Elves is like going to the swamp to fight the Reptus.

What kind of terrain are you guys playing with? Playing on an open table without any cover against Elves is like going to the swamp to fight the Reptus.

There were about 3 heavy and 3 light wood sections, 3 hills, 1 pond, 1 hard cover 6" wood stack. That was against 3 units of Reven.

Against Razig's it was about the same plus a graveyard and a big building.