Odd Ideas about NMM

Vil-hatarn

Okay, so I've been trying to paint NMM and it's just not working. On the other hand, I can't stand the pure metallics. So, what I'm thinking about doing is mixing the metallics with greys (for silver) and yellow/brown (for gold). That way, I could highlight normally, but it wouldn't be too shiny (I hope). Anyone know if this would work?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

That's all I do with all my metallics; I like the look a lot better than unmodified metallics or even most NMM. Most people will call the technique "shaded metallics" or "demi-metallics". I thought about putting a triad or two of 'em out in the Master Paints line eventually, but don't know how they would go over. ::):

--Anne

• Reaper User

Gee, twist my arm that millimeter...ow! Okay, okay, I'll start experimenting with mixes for Demis for the lot of paint after 108. ::D: I know, that was soooo hard to get me to consider. :;):

Also on the list of possible stuff to do after 108: Another triad of colored metallics (a Gunmetal equivalent, a brownish heat-scorched metal color, and possibly a black a la Partha Steel if I can figure out how to pull it off...), another triad of Clear Brights (Orange, Peacock Green, and probably Indigo), cold browns, khakis, brownish and greyed out purples, possibly some heraldry colors for the CAV universe, etc, etc. And here I was worried about having enough ideas... :;): I'm considering NMM triads, but probably won't do it, since the best ever NMM golds, bronzes, and coppers can be found by playing with the already-existing Ochre Golds triad (Chestnut Gold, Palomino Gold, Buckskin Pale) and the Red-Browns triad (Mahogany Brown, Chestnut Brown, and Rust Brown). Instead we'll just have to give recipes in the painting book or on these forums. Maybe we'll do a paint set. Who knows? Certainly not me. I'm just the Painting Peon. ::D:

--Anne ::):