Pro Paint Shelf Life

Kheprera

I'm curious as to experiences on the shelf life of the Pro Paint line, specifically. I haven't painted in almost 20 months. I haven't even opened my paints. While I have some older paints that have survived for about ten years, I'm wondering if the Pro Paint line is expected to last as long, or is it longer? Shorter? Will I need new paints for ReaperCon?

I'm hoping that my paint collection is okay. I'd hate to see so much color go to waste.

I will be bringing all my paints with me to ReaperCon. If they're bad when I open them, well... I'll just pray.

Also, with the weather in Texas, what is the ReaperPeep consensus on storing paints and supplies in our cars while at the convention? Should we buy/acquire handcarts for lugging the more sensitive materials to and from our cars? I've seen soda cans explode and film negatives melt if left in cars during the Texas summer heat. While May isn't as bad as June, July, and August, it can still get pretty hot in a locked car with the windows rolled up.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The parking lot has no trees & I'd personally have something to tote my paints into the building on a daily basis. I've had my pro-paints for about 3 years and they are all still fresh. At the same time, I watch for seperation and test my paints if I see it occur...

Rgds,

My pro paints seem to be lasting alright. However, even when I'm too busy to paint, I try to occassionly check on them. I usually add a little water/thinner to the paints I notice have really started to thicken up.

i pour very carefully...lol

i still get some on the lip though...

they do make small funnels, gunsmiths have been using em to make bullets for years... a teflon funnel would work too...

course, i dont transfer very often... just when im mixxing up some new color.

• Reaper User

Before I transferred my old set I thinned them with water and flow improver so that they would pour in a steady stream. Then it was just practice, but there were only a couple of overflows. ::D:

--Anne

I transferred about 40 ProPaints to dropper bottles using plastic disposable droppers. This way, I was able to keep any of the chunks and globs from getting transferred (some colors - especially metallics - had a lot of them).